"I apologize for the bad joke I attempted last night in poor taste about President Trump", Depp said in a statement to People magazine. "It did not come out as intended, and I intended no malice". I'm not an actor. "When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?".
"By the way, this is going to be in the press and it'll be frightful", Depp said. The actor alluded to the 1895 assassination of Abraham Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth and asked when the last time something like that had occurred and questioning whether another similar event was overdue.
During Johnny Depp's talk, Depp joked with the audience, "Can you bring Trump?".
The Pirates of the Caribbean star made the comment while appearing on stage at Glastonbury Festival to introduce a screening of his movie The Libertine at the new Cineramageddon drive-in theatre. Depp asked the crowd at the festival. "For security reasons, we can not discuss specifically nor in general terms the means and methods of how we perform our protective responsibilities", it said.
"It is just a question, I'm not insinuating anything".
Russian Federation fires Kalibr cruise missiles on Isis targets in Syria
While global players are focused on targeting ISIS , many are maneuvering to either prop up or depose Assad and his regime. A statement that two frigates and a submarine launched six cruise missiles on IS installations in Syria's Hama province.
Depp's publicist has not responded to ABC News' request for comment on the actor's remarks.
The Associated Press reported that Depp then added it's "been a while, and maybe it's time".
Depp's remarks come weeks after The Public Theater in NY was criticized for its production of "Julius Caesar" that portrayed a Trump-like dictator in a business suit with a long tie who gets knifed to death onstage.
Sanders' statement comes the same day Al Baldasaro, an informal Trump campaign adviser who was investigated by the Secret Service for saying Hillary Clinton should be "put in the firing line and shot for treason" over her handling of the attack on the United States consulate in Benghazi, attended Trump's signing of a bill to overhaul the Department of Veterans Affairs.
However, Donald J. Trump Jr. - who served as an attack dog during the dust-up over an image of Kathy Griffin holding a fake bloody, decapitated head in the likeness of his father - took a shot. He acknowledged that his question would inflame some and definitely drive a media conversation, but wanted to make it clear that he was not suggesting anything by his comments.
- How Analysts Feel About RSA Insurance Group plc (LON:RSA)?
- Celtics get their guy, select Duke's Tatum with No. 3 pick
- Federer qualifié pour les quarts à Halle en battant Mischa Zverev — Tennis
- NBA Draft 2017: Which team won Celtics-Sixers trade for Markelle Fultz?
- Looking Under the Hood at Shares of Accuray Incorporated (NasdaqGS:ARAY)
- Spanish prosecutors accuse Mourinho of 3.3 mln eur tax fraud
- Les Bulls de Chicago envoient Jimmy Butler aux Timberwolves du Minnesota
- Cameroon exploited Mathew Ryan's weakness in Socceroos draw
- Vidéo - François Bayrou s'énerve et refuse de répondre à un journaliste
- USA would welcome effective Syrian effort to defeat IS