Several rockets fired from Syria hit the Golan Heights on Saturday, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported, landing in "an open area" and causing no known injuries or damage. Those reports could not be immediately verified.
"An official protest has been sent to the United Nations Peacekeeping Forces as the Israeli sovereignty was violated in an unacceptable way", the army said.
The airstrike came "in response to over ten projectiles launched from Syria that hit Israel earlier Saturday", the statement read. He is a New York Times bestselling author and hosts the popular weekend talk radio program, "Aaron Klein Investigative Radio".
Pelosi facing party mutiny in the House
House Democratic leaders are taking some comfort in coming in a close second for a seat that's always been firmly in GOP hands. Mitt Romney carried the district by more than 23 points when he faced former President Barack Obama in 2012.
The IDF reportedly stressed that it views Damascus as "ultimately responsible for what is happening in its territory".
Israel seized 1,200 square kilometres (460 square miles) of the Golan from Syria in the Six-Day War of 1967 and later annexed it in a move never recognised by the worldwide community. The IDF has conducted several night air raids on Syrian targets that it claimed were weapons systems being shipped to Lebanon by the militant Hezbollah group, which supports Damascus.
- Flash Flood Watch for North Georgia
- There Isn't A 'Ticking Clock' on Spider-Man's Time in the MCU
- Sony Xperia X and X Compact Get Android 7.1.1 Update
- Police 'are considering manslaughter charges' over the London tower blaze
- Is There Strength Behind the Numbers For elf Beauty, Inc. (NYSE:ELF)
- Bono et The Edge à Ottawa pour la fête du Canada
- Paris Saint-Germain set to bid £60m for Manchester City striker Agüero
- London homes evacuated in wake of Grenfell Tower fire
- Bottas remains uncertain about Mercedes
- Raikkonen prepared to sacrifice himself to help Vettel