Moulton is one of the House Democrats who has been most vocal in calling for a new generation of leadership.
In a press conference, Pelosi said she felt "very confident" in her support in the Democratic caucus, despite some assessments that Democrats have lost a number of special elections in red districts this year because of Republicans' successful ability to demonize Pelosi and link Democratic congressional hopefuls to the minority leader. Democrats have to pick up 24 House seats to get back into power. That would be very bad for the Republican Party - and please let Cryin' Chuck stay!
The president wrote Thursday: "I certainly hope the Democrats do not force Nancy P out".
Trump seems to enjoy the focus on Pelosi, taking another jab Friday after tweeting about her the day before. Pelosi was the focus of negative advertising casting her as a San Francisco liberal and linking her to the Democratic candidate.
Jurors set to return for 5th day in police shooting retrial
Tensing was the third current of former police officer in the United States to be tried for shooting a black man in the past week. In the chaotic next moments, Mr DuBose appears to reach for the ignition of his vehicle , and the officer reaches in to stop him.
She acknowledged the attacks but added: "I think I'm worth the trouble".
The main argument against Pelosi from her Democratic detractors is that more than 30 years in Washington and hundreds of millions of dollars in attack ads against her have taken their toll when it comes to public opinion.
"Do you think people went to the polls and said, 'Oh my God, we've got to stop Nancy Pelosi?' I don't think so", said Rep. John Larson, D-Conn. Democrats have been chafing in the minority since they were thrust there in 2010 after risky votes in favor of President Barack Obama's initiatives including the Affordable Care Act.
The apparent effectiveness of that messaging suggested to some that the 77-year-old Californian could be a liability for Democrats as they aim to regain their majority.
But Pelosi continues to command great loyalty from many in the House, and she insisted her position was not in jeopardy.
In this March 28, 2017 photo, House Ways and Means Committee member Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr., D-N.J. speaks during a meeting on Capitol Hill in Washington.
- How Analysts Rated Anglo American plc (LON:AAL) Last Week?
- Amid criticism, Nancy Pelosi says she's 'confident' most Democrats have her back
- Guest Editorial…Comey's testimony exposes the 'lies, plain and simple'
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) Position Lowered by Comerica Bank
- Family affair: Lakers get Lonzo Ball and dad with No. 2 pick
- The Telecom plus PLC (TEP) PT Raised to GBX 1390
- Louane dévoile son nouveau single "On était beau"
- MiMedx Group, Inc (MDXG) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Brokerages
- One week. 52 senators. Can Mitch McConnell get it done?