Heller's position potentially adds to the difficulties the GOP faces in changing the plan to secure votes from at least 50 of its 52 members. Hillary Clinton won the state by 2.4 percentage points, or 27,272 votes.
Senators Heller and Catherine Cortez Masto have said they want a bill that keeps Nevada's Medicaid expansion program in place. "There isn't anything in this bill that would lower premiums". And that's precisely what the Senate bill did! On Friday, Nevada Senator Dean Heller, a moderate Republican, became the latest lawmaker to break with party leadership, declaring that he's not ready to vote "yes" on the health-care bill McConnell unveiled yesterday, joining the ranks of Senators Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, Ron Johnson, and Rand Paul.
Berlusconi comprend Donnarumma, mais — Milan
Pour eux, la vente du gardien de but, lors de ce mercato, est tout sauf dans les tuyaux... même si la porte reste ouverte. Il a encaissé 49 buts et validé 12 clean sheets.
As critics have noted, the Republican effort to destroy the ACA, also known as Obamacare, should be seen not as an effort to provide better health coverage for Americans but as an opportunity to give the wealthy a major tax cut.
With four GOP senators saying they can't support this version, McConnell is a couple of votes short and has his work cut out for him.
Mr McConnell said Democrats chose not to help frame the bill. Under the Senate bill, these enrollees would no longer be covered after 2023. If all goes according to plan, she said, Republican leaders will bring the bill to President Donald Trump in July.
But the freshman Republican is not ready to say whether she'll vote for the measure that reduces health care benefits for Americans now on Obamacare, and cuts federal dollars for low-income and disabled Americans.
Under Obamacare, the federal government had guaranteed that its funding for adults newly eligible for Medicaid because of the Affordable Care Act would fall to no lower than 90 percent of their costs. He said that the debate is "about the character of our country - who we are, and who we aspire to be".
- United To The MAX
- How Analysts Rated Anglo American plc (LON:AAL) Last Week?
- Pelosi Insists She Won't Step Down as Leader
- Apogee Enterprises Updates FY18 Outlook
- Trump signals he will work with Republican holdouts on health bill
- Another court rules out Donald Trump's travel ban
- Germany vs Australia Preview: Youthful German squad prepare to face Socceroos test
- U.S. military shoots down Iranian-made drone in southern Syria
- More than two dozen people killed in multiple Pakistan blasts
- American International Group Inc. Increases Position in Liberty Property Trust (LPT)