Erasing Obama's law has been a marquee pledge for Trump and virtually the entire party for years.
Assistant Director of the Dayton Access Center for Independent Living, Greg Kramer, says cutting Medicaid would hurt many low-income people with disabilities who rely on the program for health care and services. The bill would create a new system of federal tax credits to help people buy health insurance, while offering states the ability to drop numerous benefits required by the ACA.
Republican Senator Rob Portman says he looks forward to reviewing the Congressional Budget Office's fiscal analysis of the GOP proposal. Both the House and Senate would have to vote again on a final version before sending it to President Donald Trump for signature.
"We have to send the message to our elected officials and we depend on our elected officials to champion our cause in Washington", said Pamela Clarke, the health center's CEO. But he said it was time to act.
How Analysts Feel About Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX)?
It dropped, as 59 investors sold Phillips 66 shares while 382 reduced holdings. 19 funds opened positions while 42 raised stakes. Moreover, California Pub Employees Retirement Sys has 0.01% invested in BancorpSouth, Inc. (NASDAQ:PAYX) for 3,810 shares.
Republican Senator Rand Paul (Kentucky) said, "It keeps the preexisting condition, keeps the regulations, and then subsidizes the death spiral".
None of the conservative senators have said that they are going to oppose the bill.
Sen. James Lankford (R, Okla.) said, "Put me down as a solid 'undecided'". "It's what people expected based on the news coverage we've seen over the past few weeks". Dean Heller of Nevada, facing a competitive 2018 re-election battle, Rob Portman of OH and Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia expressed concerns about the bill's cuts to Medicaid and drug-addiction treatment efforts.
Sen. Susan Collins of ME reiterated her opposition to language blocking federal money for Planned Parenthood, which many Republicans oppose because it provides abortions.
- North Korea accuses U.S. of 'smear campaign' over student's death
- White House responds to Comey tape inquiry with Trump tweet
- Fifth GOP Senator says he won't back AHCA
- Political Junkie Ken Rudin: GOP Senators Unveil Health Care Plan And More
- Spain's Alvaro Arbeloa retires after career with Liverpool, Real, West Ham
- More whiffs for the scrambling Democrats
- Afghan Soldier Wounds 7 US Soldiers in Insider Attack
- Turkish president condemns USA decision to charge bodyguards after embassy brawl
- Un motocycliste de Longueuil perd la vie dans un accident à Drummondville
- Trump endorses Senate GOP health care plan