Erasing Obama's law has been a marquee pledge for Trump and virtually the entire party for years.
Assistant Director of the Dayton Access Center for Independent Living, Greg Kramer, says cutting Medicaid would hurt many low-income people with disabilities who rely on the program for health care and services. The bill would create a new system of federal tax credits to help people buy health insurance, while offering states the ability to drop numerous benefits required by the ACA.
Republican Senator Rob Portman says he looks forward to reviewing the Congressional Budget Office's fiscal analysis of the GOP proposal. Both the House and Senate would have to vote again on a final version before sending it to President Donald Trump for signature.
"We have to send the message to our elected officials and we depend on our elected officials to champion our cause in Washington", said Pamela Clarke, the health center's CEO. But he said it was time to act.
Afghan Soldier Wounds 7 US Soldiers in Insider Attack
The group often reports an exaggerated number of casualties in attacks against government targets and security forces. The statement read that the incident was under investigation and more details would be provided when available.
Republican Senator Rand Paul (Kentucky) said, "It keeps the preexisting condition, keeps the regulations, and then subsidizes the death spiral".
None of the conservative senators have said that they are going to oppose the bill.
Sen. James Lankford (R, Okla.) said, "Put me down as a solid 'undecided'". "It's what people expected based on the news coverage we've seen over the past few weeks". Dean Heller of Nevada, facing a competitive 2018 re-election battle, Rob Portman of OH and Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia expressed concerns about the bill's cuts to Medicaid and drug-addiction treatment efforts.
Sen. Susan Collins of ME reiterated her opposition to language blocking federal money for Planned Parenthood, which many Republicans oppose because it provides abortions.
- Portugal : Forfait, Raphael Guerreiro jouait depuis trois mois avec la jambe fracturée !
- Political Junkie Ken Rudin: GOP Senators Unveil Health Care Plan And More
- Fifth GOP Senator says he won't back AHCA
- Trump endorses Senate GOP health care plan
- Le PSG fait monter les enchères — Mbappé
- Florida Insurers Request 17.8% Rate Hike On Obamacare Exchanges
- North Korea accuses U.S. of 'smear campaign' over student's death
- Tropical Storm Cindy makes landfall in southwest Louisiana
- Dennis Rodman Claims He Asked North Korea to Release Otto Warmbier
- White House responds to Comey tape inquiry with Trump tweet