He feels Perez was positive towards him and it has been claimed that the forward is now reconsidering his decision to leave Real Madrid after the president's timely intervention, in what will be a blow to Manchester United and PSG's hopes of signing him.
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo calls for referee's attention during the Confederations Cup, Group A soccer match between Portugal and Mexico, at the Kazan Arena, Russia, Sunday, June 18, 2017.
Ronaldo is not the first footballer who has been accused of tax fraud in Spain.
Spanish prosecutors have alleged that Ronaldo has avoided paying €14.8m (£12.9m) in taxes relating to image rights.
Now though, just as United fans were preparing to rush out and get Ronaldo's name and a number seven on the back of their new home shirts, word from Spain suggests he might be staying put.
UK Parliament investigating cyberattack on user accounts
The threat follows reports in British media, including the Times, that hackers were selling passwords for MPs online. The National Cyber Security Center and the National Crime Agency are looking into the incident.
In a dramatic turn of events since scoring a brace to seal back-to-back Champions League titles for Real Madrid earlier in the month, the 32-year-old's future at the Santiago Bernabeu looks far from certain following reports over the past few days.
Gestifute, a Portuguese-based soccer agency which represents Mourinho and Ronaldo, did not immediately respond to requests for comment. He is under official investigation and will have to appear in the Pozuelo de Alarcon court No. 1 on July 31.
Spanish prosecutors said on Tuesday that they had filed the claim against Mourinho on two counts of tax fraud from 2011 and 2012.
He denies the accusations and has said, according to reports in Portugal that he will "never play in Spain again".
Last year, Messi and his father, Jorge Horacio Messi, were found guilty on three counts of defrauding tax authorities of 4.1 million euros ($4.6 million) from income made from image rights.
Di Maria's deal is similar to the one struck by Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano, who was convicted of tax fraud last year and given a suspended one-year sentence.
- NBA Draft Preview: Coach Krzyzewski Talks Harry Giles
- Should You Sell Accenture Plc. Based On Current Broker Views?
- Russian Federation fires Kalibr cruise missiles on Isis targets in Syria
- Daesh bombers kill 9 in Iraq's Anbar: Army source
- Federer qualifié pour les quarts à Halle en battant Mischa Zverev — Tennis
- Looking Under the Hood at Shares of Accuray Incorporated (NasdaqGS:ARAY)
- Di Maria fined for tax fraud
- USA would welcome effective Syrian effort to defeat IS
- Spanish prosecutors accuse Mourinho of 3.3 mln eur tax fraud
- How Analysts Feel About RSA Insurance Group plc (LON:RSA)?