In addition, they say he only declared 11.5 million euros of Spanish-related income from 2011 to 2014, while what he really earned during that time was close to 43 million euros.
The Portuguese coach became a Spanish tax resident in 2010 when he joined Real Madrid.
As a result of the probe, Ronaldo has threatened to leave Real, despite the club's newly re-elected president Florentino Perez "not contemplating" Ronaldo leaving the European champions, despite talk of the disgruntled star returning to Manchester United.
For the time-being Cristiano appears to be trying his best to ignore the situation and focus on the football at hand - his campaign with Portugal at the Confederations Cup.
It will now be up to a judge to decide whether to take the matter to court.
NBA Draft Preview: Coach Krzyzewski Talks Harry Giles
In baseball, players can be drafted out of high school and then decide whether to sign a contract or attend college. This year alone, Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles have entered the NBA Draft after spending just one season with Duke.
Last week, Ronaldo was accused by a state prosecutor of four counts of tax fraud totaling 14.7 million euros ($16.5 million).
He is due to play for Real Madrid against Barcelona in a friendly in Miami on July 29.
Mourinho's agents at Portugal-based Gestifute said in a statement that the coach had not received any notification relating to the allegations from tax authorities or prosecutors. Ronaldo has denied the charges.
The accusation includes the 32-year-old not paying £13 million of earnings from image rights in the British Virgin Islands and the Republic of Ireland in order to evade paying tax.
Under Spanish law, a first-time offender is not required to serve time in jail for a sentence below two years.
In 2016, soccer giant Messi, along with his father, was convicted of three counts of tax fraud equaling some $4.6 million earned from the use of Messi's personal brand.
Mascherano was also convicted of tax fraud last year and was given a suspended one-year sentence.
- DA Vows To "Get Justice" After Bill Cosby Mistrial
- NBA Draft 2017: Meet the Philadelphia 76ers selections, with videos and stats
- Turkish authorities ban Sunday's LGBTI Pride in Istanbul
- North Korea 'willing to talk' with USA on nuclear moratorium
- Flint Stabbing Suspect Had Tried to Purchase a Gun, FBI Says
- Putin's pregame speech 'mobilised' Russian Federation - coach Stanislav Cherchesov
- Democratic Rep. says Pelosi is 'impediment' to taking back House majority
- Federer qualifié pour les quarts à Halle en battant Mischa Zverev — Tennis
- The Jefferies Group LLC Reiterates Buy Rating for OneSavings Bank PLC (OSB)
- George Clooney sells his tequila company Casamigos for $1 billion