The North Korean commentary drew in South Korea which they said should realize "following psychopath Trump ... will only lead to disaster".
In Warmbier's home state of OH, the mourners - among them friends and family - attended his funeral at his former high school.
But according to KCNA, a spokesman of the North's National Reconciliation Council said: "Our relevant agencies treat all criminals who committed crimes against (our) republic strictly based on domestic law and worldwide standards, and Warmbier was no different".
He claimed that Warmbier had been the victim of Barack Obama's policy of "strategic patience" towards the regime, since he had never requested the student's release during his presidency.
She finds some peace knowing he made it back to OH before he died Monday.
Warmbier was in a comatose state when he landed in his home state of OH on June 13.
Mourners carry the coffin of Otto Warmbier after his funeral Thursday.
The 22-year-old was medically evacuated to the United States last week with severe brain damage.
His family and others have blamed North Korea for his condition, saying he was "brutalised and terrorised by the pariah regime".
Les citoyens de l'UE devraient pouvoir rester au Royaume-Uni — Brexit
La lutte contre le changement climatique sera également abordée par les 28 à la suite du retrait américain de l'Accord de Paris. L'Union à 27, ébranlée par le vote il y a exactement un an en faveur du Brexit, a réussi depuis à afficher son unité.
Until Friday, North Korea had said only that it released the young man on "humanitarian grounds".
The North had earlier Friday denied torturing or mistreating Warmbier, in the first official reaction to his death.
North Korea hinted that Warmbier's death is the fault of the US, adding that "the USA should ponder over the consequences" of "its reckless and rash act".
A Hamilton County Coroner has not yet determined Warmbier's cause of death.
Rodman's agent, Chris Volo, says his client personally lobbied the Pyongyang government for Warmbier's return home.
They said Warmbier remained in a state of "unresponsive wakefulness" until he died Monday.
"Some good things came of this trip".
Fred Warmbier has called on North Korea to release other American detainees.
She was the OH youth's girlfriend at the time of his detention in North Korea that began in January 2015.
Mr Warmbier was scheduled to graduate this year from the University of Virginia's McIntire School of Commerce.
- Dmitry Bivol hopes to shine on Ward-Kovalev undercard
- 'The View' Hosts Do Not Handle Democrats' Latest Election Loss Very Well
- Insiders Selling, Short Interest Growing Cedar Realty Trust, Inc. Common (NYSE:CDR)
- Iran says missile strike targeting ISIS was warning to US, Saudis
- Escarmouche au sein du gouvernement où le Premier ministre recadre Bayrou — France
- Cavs Not Able To Trade For Superstar Because Nobody Wants Kevin Love
- Grand jury indicts man in killing of runner in Massachusetts
- Oil prices fall on OPEC output increase, rising U.S. crude stocks
- All Blacks 'expect to win' against Lions says confident Read
- The Supreme Court has a chance to restore democracy to redistricting