Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawai'i 02), and members of Congress announced today their lawsuit against President Donald Trump to enforce the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution.
"Last week almost 200 member of Congress filed a complaint ... against President Trump, whose ongoing failure to disclose his foreign business dealings violates one of the Constitution's critical anti-corruption provisions", the press release reads.
"The American people deserve a president who is a servant leader who they can trust to represent the people's interests, rather than his or her own", said Rep. Gabbard. "An officeholder, in short, should not be the sole judge of his own integrity". It is paramount that President Trump divest himself from his properties, especially those overseas, so Americans can trust that this Administration's foreign policy decisions are not being influenced by the President's investments. President Trump's refusal to seek Congressional approval for - or even disclose - his vast global financial interests is a violation of the Constitution and a threat to the integrity of our democracy itself.
Apogee Enterprises Updates FY18 Outlook
Moreover, Manufacturers Life Insurance Company The has 0% invested in Penn National Gaming, Inc (NASDAQ:PENN) for 51,817 shares. Principal Financial Group Inc. increased its position in shares of Apogee Enterprises by 1.6% in the first quarter.
Blumenthal was speaking to reporters at the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday. "The people of this country deserve transparency and confidence that the president is acting on their behalf".
And since President Trump's first days in office, Huffman said his financial conflicts of interest have raised urgent questions. "Unlike his domestic business, President Trump could run afoul of the emoluments clause in the U.S. Constitution by continuing to profit off these deals". Last week, D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine and Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh filed a lawsuit against the president, accusing him of "flagrantly violating" the Emoluments Clause.
- Trump signals he will work with Republican holdouts on health bill
- Lobbyist wounded in GOP baseball shooting leaves hospital
- Four dead, 10 injured in Pakistan blast
- Another court rules out Donald Trump's travel ban
- Berlusconi comprend Donnarumma, mais — Milan
- India puts another 'eye in the sky'
- Louane dévoile son nouveau single "On était beau"
- Celebrating The Dignity of Work: President Trump Signs Executive Order Promoting Apprenticeships
- Police officer beaten to death in Indian-occupied Kashmir
- How Analysts Rated Anglo American plc (LON:AAL) Last Week?