More than 100 people were feared buried after a landslide in China on Saturday, official sources said.
About 40 homes were destroyed in Xinmo village, Maoxian county, after the side of a mountain collapsed.
China has been experiencing weeks of heavy summer rains that often cause flooding and trigger landslides in rural and mountainous regions. A rescue mission in the southwest village is underway. The full extent of the landslide is unclear at the moment even as an emergency response "to the first class catastrophic geological disaster" has been put into operation.
Dean Heller becomes fifth Senate Republican to oppose GOP health care bill
The GOP-led Senate yesterday released a bill it hopes will repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare . Meanwhile Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski are opposed to the bill cutting Medicaid funding for Planned Parenthood for a year.
Pictures posted on Twitter by the People's Daily newspaper show bulldozers moving earth and large boulders as the rescue effort continues.
A previous slip in 2014 killed 11 people and damaged vehicles on the No 213 national highway in Maoxian county, Sichuan province.
It occurred in a hilly area of Sichuan, inhabited by Tibetans and another minority, the Qiang people.
- The Danaher Corporation (DHR) Given News Sentiment Rating of 0.17
- Apogee Enterprises Updates FY18 Outlook
- GM&S Industry dans la Creuse : un nouveau sursis jusqu'au 30 juin
- American International Group Inc. Increases Position in Liberty Property Trust (LPT)
- Macron : les nouveaux équilibres du gouvernement
- Trump signals he will work with Republican holdouts on health bill
- Lobbyist wounded in GOP baseball shooting leaves hospital
- Lagergren, Stalter lead at BMW International Open
- Senate Republicans Work To Gather Votes To Pass Health Care Bill
- CSX Corporation (CSX) PT Raised to $61.00