The actor died on Friday aged 88 following a battle with leukaemia - and now Burt, who played Robin alongside him in the TV show from 1966-68 - has released a touching tribute to his late friend.
The series lasted three seasons and enjoyed a long afterlife in syndication. West, thank you for all those afternoons you helped me and other 70's kids dream about the fun of being a hero.
"I think he was and will be - and always will be - the finest Batman ever", she said. The show was known for not only showcasing the art, culture, and identity of the 1960s but the show set the stage for all future representations of Batman.
Speaking previously about the role of Batman West said: "There was a time when Batman really kept me from getting some pretty good roles, and I was asked to do what I figured were important features".
Louis officer shot by white officer
Tate Jr., told local media outlets that the altercation was just another example of officers perceiving black men as threats. It was in that moment the black officer, 38, who is an 11 year veteran of the force, heard the commotion outside his home.
Before he donned the cape and cowl, the Washington-born West starred in such films as Robinson Crusoe on Mars and The Young Philadelphians and starred on the TV series The Detectives. "He said in a note posted on Twitter which had no caption: "'Family Guy' has lost its mayor, and I have lost a friend.
While that character forever typecasted West's acting career, he would later embrace the acting role, reprising his role as Batman and often playing parodies of the character.
Many were grieving as headlines from Hollywood to Europe announced the death of Adam West on Saturday. The two men shared some of the most fun and special times of their lives together, both on and off screen, according to Burt Ward.
West is survived by his wife, Marcelle, his six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
- Show of support for Kovind
- Global oil markets expected to tighten in Q3
- Arizona Medicaid agency says Senate health bill cost $7.1B
- Minuteman Health coop to close, reopen as for-profit insurer
- Prosecutors appeal Hernandez's voided murder conviction
- Bobby Lashley wants Donald Trump to be his cornerman at Slammiversary
- Republicans still love Nancy Pelosi
- Fabinho répond à la rumeur MU — Monaco
- Will Terry Collins shift Asdrubal Cabrera to second when he returns?
- Phoenix heat stops planes from flying