Trump's statement brings to an end speculation that began shortly after accounts emerged about the president's exchanges with Comey - speculation the president himself began with a post on Twitter that warned the former Federal Bureau of Investigation director that there might have been tapes of their conversations.
Trump fired Comey amid the Justice Department's investigation into the Trump campaign's possible ties to Russian Federation.
The question of tapes is something the president created himself after he said Comey "better hope" there weren't any recordings of their multiple conversations before Comey was sacked.
"I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings", Trump tweeted on Thursday.
Mr Comey said any recordings that might exist would support his version that the President asked him to pledge loyalty and urged him to drop the investigation into Mr Trump's former national security adviser.
At one point during his Senate testimony on June 8, Comey memorably said, "Lordy, I hope there are tapes".
Coyotes, Tippett mutually agree to part ways
Sponsored Content - Download our Executive Briefing to learn how agency and industry experts are hoping to reduce insider threats. The Coyotes made the Eastern Conference Final in 2012, which is the furthest the franchise has ever advanced in the playoffs.
Pressed on the issue this month, Trump said "I'll tell you about that maybe sometime in the very near future".
Many readers criticized the president for bluffing about tapes.
The absence of recordings nearly certainly elevates in significance to investigators the notes made by Comey right after his conversations with Comey. "Didn't do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel, so I asked a close friend of mine to do it".
Comey, who had been leading an investigation into alleged ties between the Trump presidential campaign and Russian Federation, was sacked in May.
Trump, perhaps attempting to insulate himself from blame, suggested in Thursday's tweets that some surveillance could be happening, but that he was not aware of any such attempts. She also said she did not believe his intention in his original Twitter post about tapes had been to intimidate Mr. Comey.
Sanders said "it was pretty clear in that original statement that he hoped, for his sake", that there would be tapes.
- Qatar signs $12 billion deal to buy F-15 jets from US
- Emmanuel Macron est-il adepte de la tolérance zéro ?
- La garde rapprochée de Macron au gouvernement — Remaniement
- Le Qatar reçoit une liste de conditions pour une sortie de crise
- Le Gouvernement Philippe II d'Emmanuel Macron prêt à se mettre en marche !
- LG présente un écran OLED 4K souple et transparent de 77 pouces
- USC's Thornwell picked by Bucks in 2nd round of NBA Draft
- TLP Group LLC Buys New Position in Steel Dynamics, Inc. (STLD)
- Russian Federation fires missiles from Mediterranean at IS in Syria
- ABC Suspends 'Bachelor in Paradise' Production After 'Allegations of Misconduct'