Though Spurs have baulked at the fee, their interest in Barkley will remain until the deadline.
National newspapers have reported that Arsenal are also interested in Barkley this summer.
According to the Mirror, Spurs were considered the most likely escape option out of Goodison Park for the England global, after he and Everton boss Ronald Koeman apparently fell out over contract negotiations.
Barkley is a product of the Toffees academy and has racked up 179 senior appearances for them.
Mathew Knowles Congratulates Beyoncé on the Arrival of Her Twins
She later announced her withdrawal on doctor's orders from April's Coachella Music Festival where she was billed to perform. Bey welcomed babies No. 2 and No. 3 with her husband on Monday, June 18, in a Los Angeles-area hospital, according to TMZ .
Adding to Barkley's woes is Koeman's unwavering desire to add Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson whose goals' assists and set-pieces have kept Swansea in the Premier League for the last two seasons.
With that in mind, could Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy get it right exactly a year after their ill-fated £30million move for Moussa Sissoko?
Barkley could do with a move to reignite his career as it appears his adventure at Everton is coming to a close.
Barkley, 23, burst onto the Goodison Park scene six years ago - tipped to be the latest Merseyside superstar since Wayne Rooney. The 23-year-old is blessed with vast potential and Pochettino could certainly be the man to unearth it.
It isn't probable that the window will pass without Barkley heading out, though.
- Ecuador ratifies Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- Hornby says £27.4m takeover bid 'significantly undervalues' firm
- All Whites suffer second loss at Confeds Cup
- Swanigan drafted by Portland in 1st round
- Markelle Fultz top pick in NBA draft
- 8.450 étudiants vont devoir repasser l'épreuve dite d'internat — Concours de médecine
- Syria conflict: US jet 'downs drone' near Jordan border
- Conservative party call centre 'may have broken election law'
- IL senators, local activists, blast GOP health plan
- "Pas impossible" que le gouvernement comprenne de nouveaux membres LR — Edouard Philippe