Former Cy Young victor Jake Arrieta turned in a vintage all-around performance and Kris Bryant crushed a three-run homer to lead the Chicago Cubs to an 11-1 win over the Miami Marlins on Thursday night at Marlins Park.
The Chicago Cubs look for another victory after winning six of their last nine games.
Anthony Rizzo has beaten up on Locke, going 11-for-29 with five home runs, while Jason Heyward is 11-for-28 and Kris Bryant is 5-for-14 with a homer against the veteran.
Jake Arrieta (6-5, 4.64 ERA) will take the ball for the Cubs' in the series opener against the Marlins on Thursday. opponents are delivering a Batting Average of.319 against Arrieta this season.
Investigation continues after 19-year-old found dead at Braintree hotel
The Norfolk district attorney's office says the Braintree Police Department received a call shortly before 8 a.m. Further information - including a cause of death, possible suspect, or motive - was not immediately available.
The Miami Marlins could use a nice win here after splitting their last 12 games.
Chicago hopes to continue its success against left-hander Jeff Locke, who is 1-5 with a 5.98 ERA in 13 games (11 starts) versus the Cubs and hasn't beaten them since 2013. The Miami Marlins have won 16 of their last 19 games when scoring more than three runs. Marcell Ozuna leads the Marlins with 89 hits and 53 RBI while Dee Gordon and Giancarlo Stanton have combined for 155 hits and 64 RBI.
Arrieta, the 2015 National League Cy Young victor and an All-Star and World Series champ last year, picked up the win to improve to 7-5 in what has been a down year for him.
The 31-year-old needed 94 pitches to get through 4 2/3 on Saturday at Pittsburgh, allowing three runs (two earned) and four hits while taking the loss. Urena has allowed just six hits and three earned runs in his last 12 innings and has gotten better in each of his last three starts.
- Hatch lauds president's executive order to expand apprenticeships
- Nitish still has time to correct his historic blunder: Lalu Prasad
- Nancy Pelosi is hurting Democrats at ballot box, Rep. Tim Ryan says
- UK seeks to reassure EU citizens they can stay after Brexit
- New Titanfall 2 Update Adding Maps, Third Weapon Slot
- South Korea Summit Could Expose Strains in Alliance
- The US military just shot down another Syrian drone
- United States environment chief leaves G-7 climate talks early
- Alabama warns of floating fire ants in flood waters
- Editor's Note: Anti-Trump isn't enough for Democrats