The New Zealanders dominated the first half and finally converted one of their many goal scoring opportunities just before the break with a Chris Wood strike to take a lead into half time.
Portugal moved joint top of group A on four points past Russian Federation who remained on three and now are in a must-win situation against Mexico who have four after beating New Zealand 2-1 in the day's other game.
"We played against a team playing at home, with a home crowd, a team that pressured us but we were better", Ronaldo said.
"BBC, whose audience is more than 300 million people, wrote about us", head of Tatarstan's Investment Development Agency pointed out. "So I would imagine that's part of (the incident)".
Bordeaux - Mercato : Paul Bernardoni prêté un an à Clermont (Off.)
Ce prêt sera finalisé une fois que le club et le gardien auront signé l'ensemble des documents administratifs. Le jeune gardien de but jouera à Clermont Foot en Ligue 2 la saison prochaine.
Tensions erupted in the first half when Mexico coach Juan Carlos Osorio swore at the New Zealand coaching staff over an injury to Carlos Salcedo that medics later determined would rule the defender out of the rest of the tournament.
Mexico now sits in a tie for second place in Group A in the eight-team tournament after playing Portugal to a 2-2 draw in their opening game. "Our players and myself were shouting to stop the game but there was no reaction on the side". That's why I lost my temper.
"It's true that the camera shows some things I said but (New Zealand's) assistant coach is responsible for what happened". Big sporting events, such as the FIFA Confederations Cup and the FIFA World Cup, may help Russia's Republic of Tatarstan attract new investors and strengthen its position on the global investment market, head of Tatarstan's Investment Development Agency Talia Minullina told reporters. Javier Aquino and Marco Fabian combined to set up Raul Jimenez to strike on the turn into the top corner. They are very direct, they are very strong but when that goes too far and means disrespecting fair play, well, I stopped accepting and understanding.
- Mass ACLU: Michelle Carter conviction 'imperils free speech'
- US Navy : Country to hold Japan memorial for sailors killed in crash
- Celgene Corp (NASDAQ:CELG) Institutional Investors 2016 Q4 Sentiment
- One killed as Storm Cindy makes landfall in southern US
- Ogden rate means higher vehicle insurance premiums - but by how much?
- Australia to resume anti-ISIS airstrikes in Syria - defense chief
- Arab states send Qatar 13 demands to end crisis, official says
- FBI Says Gunman Acted Alone In Attack On Congress
- Netanyahu warns Iran to not threaten Israel
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop criticised by NASA over 'healing' stickers