Crosby was named the most valuable player to his team in the playoffs on Sunday for the second year in a row after his Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Nashville Predators 2-0 in Game 6 of the final for their second straight Stanley Cup.
But he made 27 saves for his seventh playoff victory, enduring three power plays, including 32 seconds of a five-on-three, in the Penguins' first road victory of the series. Carl Hagelin cemented the win by scoring into an empty net with 14 seconds left. But, with Murray injured, Fleury played a pivotal role in getting the Penguins through the first two rounds, including a second-round defeat of the Capitals.
PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Pittsburgh Penguins' Stanley Cup championship victory parade will be held Wednesday morning.
Crosby becomes just the third back-to-back victor of the award, which was first handed out in 1965, after former Penguins captain Mario Lemieux (1991, 1992) and Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Bernie Parent (1974, 1975).
Crosby also became only the third man to win back-to-back Conn Smythe trophies.
"I don't know", Cullen said. We had a lot of injuries. "It was a tough building for us in Games 3 and 4, but we came back with a vengeance and got it done".
Turkish woman assaulted for `wearing shorts in Ramadan`
University student Asena Melisa Saglam was travelling on a bus in Istanbul when the assailant hurt her. She chased him as he went to leave the vehicle, but he threw her to the back of the bus and ran away.
Pittsburgh's part owner now has three Stanley Cups in his executive career to go along with two that he won in his playing days - titles also won in consecutive seasons beginning in 1991. Only teammate Evgeni Malkin had more points, with 28. He did not put a timeline on his recovery while on skates after Sunday's win but said he would not have been able to play if the series had gone to a Game 7. "I'm trying to relax a bit here".
The disallowed goal will be remembered in Nashville for a long time.
Shortly after the Penguins scored, Rinne was pulled from the ice to allow Nashville to have an extra attacker, but things didn't quite work out for them.
Our congratulations to the 2017 NHL Champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Argus Issues an Upgrade on Oneok Inc (NYSE:OKE) Shares. What's Next?
- Mourners Gather In Wyoming, Ohio, For Funeral Of Otto Warmbier
- Macquarie Reaffirms "Outperform" Rating for Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc (RB)
- 6GB 'Honor 8 Pro' slated for July launch in India
- NewsAlert: Vegas Golden Knights select Calvin Pickard first in expansion draft
- Celtic to open Scottish Premiership title defence against Hearts
- F1 Azerbaijan GP: Verstappen leads Baku FP1 as Perez crashes out
- Katie Price and Kieran Hayler planning to have third child together
- Senate GOP health bill would cut Medicaid, erase tax increases, reports say
- Islamist militants storm school in southern Philippines, take students hostages