After reaching the playoffs in 2016, the Pistons won eight fewer games this past season and missed out on the festivities.
For Kennard's sake, let's hope the Pistons don't have a game scheduled on November 27, 2019 - the date Frozen 2 will be released.
There is some energy around the franchise because it is moving to downtown Detroit to play in Little Caesars Arena after spending almost 30 years at the Palace of Auburn Hills in northern Oakland County. We love his instincts and creativity, but it's certainly possible that larger physical wings at the National Basketball Association level could swallow him up.
But as complimentary as the Pistons coach was about his newest player's ability to score, he was just as adamant about Kennard's need to improve defensively.
Columbia Banking System Inc
Moreover, Forest Hill Capital Ltd Liability has 2.07% invested in Columbia Banking System Inc (NASDAQ:COLB) for 143,471 shares. The financial services provider reported $0.50 EPS for the quarter, meeting the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.50.
Van Gundy was nearly gushing when he talked about Kennard's polished offensive game - and equally direct when discussing his defensive shortcomings. "I mean, I can go from pick one on down, I've watched them all". Schmitz also said that Kennard has "proven that he can make quick decisions on the move and navigate a ball screen..." but he is "not the toughest defender".
The draft is the ultimate night for draft prospects and Kennard expressed the requisite excitement. This is a common theme, OK?
"I think playing under (Van Gundy) gives me a great opportunity to learn and develop as a player, so I'm really looking forward to that". But, if you believe the reports that Aldridge desperately wants out of San Antonio, 12 isn't that far from 10 and the Pistons can add some young pieces that might interest the Spurs.
Entering the offseason, Van Gundy said the Pistons wanted to enhance their roster in three ways. "Most of them don't have the responsibility at the defensive end of the floor". While Aldridge is older, the Pistons would get out of his contract in two years, and if partnered with Andre Drummond, could help create that immediate winning culture that Detroit covets. They carry great offensive loads at their schools. "I thought there were two that defended".
- Muggy and unsettled with showers and a t-storm today
- IL senators, local activists, blast GOP health plan
- Newfield Exploration Company (NYSE:NFX) Vs. Industry Vs. Sector Growth Analysis
- Get A Look At Total War: Warhammer II's Huge New Campaign
- All Whites suffer second loss at Confeds Cup
- Bodies Of 7 Missing Sailors Found Inside Wrecked Navy Ship
- Lalu's son-in-law Shailesh questioned for nine hours over Benami properties
- Factors to Note Before Buying Regions Financial Corporation (RF)
- Goldschmidt homers as D-Backs rout Rockies, 10-3
- Mathew Knowles Congratulates Beyoncé on the Arrival of Her Twins