An official in the Nebraska state Democratic party has been removed from his position after an audio recording surfaced of him saying that he wished Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise had been killed last week when he was shot by a Democratic gunman during a congressional baseball practice.
"This motherf***er, like his whole job is like to get people, convince Republicans to f***ing to kick people off f***ing health care", Montag said of Scalise. "I'm glad he got shot", Montag said in the audio recording.
"I'm glad he got shot".
Montag continued: "I wish he was f--g dead".
Chelsey Gentry-Tipton, chairwoman of the Nebraska Democratic Party's black caucus, seemed indifferent if not happy about the fact that Scalise was shot.
In Wednesday's recording, a friend of Ms. Gentry-Tipton, Destin Madison, informed Mr. Montag that he had been recording the conversation and planned to go public with it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 rumored to launch in September, for over $1000
What's more, the device is also furnishing twin cameras together with the more capable series exclusive S pen stylus. Its now-defunct predecessor housed a 3,500 mAh cell, although that obviously didn't work for anybody.
"Like every decent American I am saddened and horrified by the shooting of Congressman Scalise", he said. He backtracked on Thursday, telling the Omaha World-Herald that his words were taken out of context: 'I did not call for the congressman's death'.
Montag told the Omaha World-Herald that Gentry-Tipton and Madison recorded his conversation in order to force him to publicly support Gentry-Tipton in a controversy over her own remarks about Scalise.
'As soon as I heard it, I sent it to the [party] officers and then sent an email to Phil Montag informing him I am removing him from his appointed position as Co-Chair of the Technology Committee, ' she said.
Ms. Gentry-Tipton wrote on Facebook the day of the shooting that she found the "trauma" experienced by the victims "funny".
"The very people that push pro NRA legislation in efforts to pad their pockets with complete disregard for human life".
- Sixers like Fultz first, Lakers eye Ball as draft looms
- Some charges dropped against Michigan sports doctor
- " "L'avenir de l'UE à 27 " prioritaire " sur le Brexit — Merkel et Macron
- Arab countries issue list to Qatar for compliance to end crisis
- Fridge-freezer maker offers condolences in tower fire
- Lakers Looking to Acquire a First-Round Pick
- Trump state visit to United Kingdom will go ahead, Boris Johnson says
- Containment of Southern California forest fire increases
- Germany, Chile set for heavyweight Confederations Cup clash
- O'Mahony to lead Lions in 1st test against New Zealand