An official in the Nebraska state Democratic party has been removed from his position after an audio recording surfaced of him saying that he wished Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise had been killed last week when he was shot by a Democratic gunman during a congressional baseball practice.
"This motherf***er, like his whole job is like to get people, convince Republicans to f***ing to kick people off f***ing health care", Montag said of Scalise. "I'm glad he got shot", Montag said in the audio recording.
"I'm glad he got shot".
Montag continued: "I wish he was f--g dead".
Chelsey Gentry-Tipton, chairwoman of the Nebraska Democratic Party's black caucus, seemed indifferent if not happy about the fact that Scalise was shot.
In Wednesday's recording, a friend of Ms. Gentry-Tipton, Destin Madison, informed Mr. Montag that he had been recording the conversation and planned to go public with it.
Arab countries issue list to Qatar for compliance to end crisis
The list will include Saudi, Emirati, Bahraini and Egyptian demands, Kalin said, adding that Ankara will follow up on the matter. They include demanding that Qatar sever all ties with the Muslim Brotherhood , Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda and ISIS, among other groups.
"Like every decent American I am saddened and horrified by the shooting of Congressman Scalise", he said. He backtracked on Thursday, telling the Omaha World-Herald that his words were taken out of context: 'I did not call for the congressman's death'.
Montag told the Omaha World-Herald that Gentry-Tipton and Madison recorded his conversation in order to force him to publicly support Gentry-Tipton in a controversy over her own remarks about Scalise.
'As soon as I heard it, I sent it to the [party] officers and then sent an email to Phil Montag informing him I am removing him from his appointed position as Co-Chair of the Technology Committee, ' she said.
Ms. Gentry-Tipton wrote on Facebook the day of the shooting that she found the "trauma" experienced by the victims "funny".
"The very people that push pro NRA legislation in efforts to pad their pockets with complete disregard for human life".
- Isle of Wight term-time holiday dad Jon Platt guilty
- North Korea prisoner's dad isn't buying Pyongyang's coma explanation
- Bill Cosby accuser denies prior romance with entertainer
- Myanmar Contributes to Increasing Global Displacement
- Lakers Looking to Acquire a First-Round Pick
- Are Analysts Bearish United Utilities Group PLC (LON:UU) After Last Week?
- Containment of Southern California forest fire increases
- North Korea tests rocket engine
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in California worth $447 million
- Sixers like Fultz first, Lakers eye Ball as draft looms