In 2004, the Lakers, who originally had this pick, traded it with Rick Fox and Gary Payton for Chucky Atkins, Jumaine Jones and Chris Mihm.
The first thing that jumps out is Ball's jumper, which has an awkward set up and release.
The T-Wolves also received draft rights to 16th pick Justin Patton of Creighton, while the Bulls beefed up their roster by getting promising Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the rights to Arizona's Lauri Markkanen of Finland, the seventh player taken.
"Obviously, he's the best point guard to ever play", Ball, wearing a purple-and-gold Lakers hat, said after his selection.
After the worst four-year stretch in franchise history, the 16-time National Basketball Association champion Lakers are rebuilding with the point guard who led the nation with 7.7 assists per game last season for the Bruins.
Putin thanks Federation Internationale de Football Association for trust and cooperation as Confederations Cup kicks off
The system is created to assist the referees in four situations: goals, penalties, red card incidents and player identity. Replays provoked doubt if the Zambia forward was fouled at all.
Although the Lakers have been his family's team since before he could walk, Ball said he hasn't been to many games in person: "My dad didn't like the seats, because I guess they were too small for him".
The company also unveiled a Lakers-colored version of their Lonzo Ball "ZO2s" sneaker. "Right now, I'm hoping he leads us to a couple Summer League victories, and we'll take it from there". "He's supported him. He obviously loves him and that's what you want out of a father, so I'm not overly concerned by it".
"What's incredible is that according to Zo, his dad has been great".
Preorders for the shoe close the day of the draft, so if you want a pair, hurry.
Still, the Lakers think highly of the young point guard.
Markelle Fultz's mom, Ebony, makes sure the No. 1 pick of the Philadelphia 76ers is looking just so on his big night. During his freshman year, Ball led the NCAA in assists and averaged 7.6 dishes per game.
- 5 questions about the murder of Nabra Hassanen
- Stock Traders Purchase Large Volume of Wal-Mart Stores Put Options (WMT)
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Boldly Breaks Prime Franchise Directive
- Miley Cyrus reveals she feels like a 'genderless spirit' in new interview
- Iranian Resistance Reveals Iran Regime's Missile Program
- Senate releases health care bill proposing Medicaid cuts, end to ACA penalties
- Qatar receives list of demands from neighbours to end diplomatic crisis
- Havre AC - Mercato : Mendy a choisi entre le LOSC, l'OM et l'OL
- Spanish prosecutors accuse Mourinho of €3.3 mln tax fraud
- New Drug OK'd for Hereditary Angioedema