This year, Eid will start on Sunday June 25 and marks the start of a month of celebration.
According to a press statement from ministry of local government and rural development made available to Malawi24, the development is depending on the sighting of the moon.
Spokesperson for MAM, Sheikh Dinala Chabulika, said: "Eid is one of the most important holidays in the Islamic calendar".
This year, Ramadan began on May 27 and will last until Saturday, June 24, in accordance with the Umm al-Qura Calendar of Saudi Arabia. Muslims fast from dawn to sunset and abstain from food and water for this time. This month will conclude with the Eid-ul-Fitr festival on June 26.
Compromise talks on Ohio budget start Thursday
The budget bill that cleared the Ohio Senate on Wednesday already proposed ways to close the gap. John Kasich pushed through and continues to vocally support.
Some scholars believe that the u-ran was first revealed to the Prophet Muhammad during the month, making it particularly holy.
During Eid, Muslims wear new clothes, takes part in the early morning prayers held at mosque or outdoor prayer venue.
As the two don't align, the Islamic dates move back by 11 days each year.
- Philadelphia 76ers select Fultz with number one overall pick
- Who's No. 3? NBA draft intrigue begins after Fultz, Ball
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) Receives Focus List Rating from Argus
- Des Bourguignons au gouvernement Philippe II — Remaniement
- Iran's Khamenei ordered missile strikes on Islamic State targets in Syria: Guards
- Sexual assault case against Bill Cosby ends in mistrial
- Les grands travaux du nouveau gouvernement — Remaniement
- CHART: Who Wins, Who Loses With Senate Health Care Bill
- " "La suite de " Jurassic World " dévoile son titre
- 76ers take Fultz, Lakers Ball in NBA draft