Red Bull's Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo unexpectedly led the way in Practice One for the Azerbaijan GP - but Force India's Sergio Perez crashed heavily at Baku's iconic castle chicane. The Formula One Grand Prix of Europe will be held on Sunday.
He escaped unscathed after crashing against the external wall at a narrow section at Turn Eight, although his vehicle lost its rear right wheel and Force India mechanics may struggle to get him back on the track before the second practice session on Friday afternoon.
The 6-kilometer (3.7-mile) Baku circuit, which glides through the city's medieval walls and passes the Caspian sea, has F1's fastest top speed and is also one of the trickiest.
Carnival Corp. Reports 2% Advance In Q2 Earnings
At current levels, Carnival Corporation (NYSE: CCL ) shares have been seen trading 1.83% away from the 20-day moving average. Bernstein David sold $3.16M worth of Carnival Corp (NYSE: CCL ) on Thursday, December 29. $3.60 million worth of Apple Inc.
Hamilton, meanwhile, seemed to get stuck in traffic and with many cars out on track pushing hard it was hard for him to get any room to set a quick time.
The Mexican driver escaped unhurt but the damage caused to his auto may prevent him from taking part in the second practice session of the day.
With 20 minutes left, the red flag halted the session after Perez mangled both wheels on the right side of his auto snaking through into a tight Turn 8.
Up until that point Perez, who starred in Baku's inaugural race a year ago en route to the podium, was setting an impressive pace again - so much so that still ended with the fourth-quickest lap of the session.
- Angry Democrats turn against leaders after House election losses
- After London fire, 600 tower blocks thought to have similar cladding
- 6GB 'Honor 8 Pro' slated for July launch in India
- Quatre ministres quittent démissionnent — France
- Shooting At GOP Baseball Practice Seems To Have Been Spontaneous, FBI Says
- Senate GOP health bill would cut Medicaid, erase tax increases, reports say
- PM renames Langevin Block building out of respect for Indigenous Peoples
- Ryan wants to 'get moving' on Iran, Russia sanctions
- Spectaculaire accident après un accrochage avec un motard
- Pentagon chief blasts N.Korea over United States student who died