Trump removed the United States from the Paris accord regarding climate change. "Now, more than ever, cities are leading on bold and innovative initiatives that not only reduce our carbon footprint but also help develop a 21st century economy", said Mayor Emanuel. But that goal is looking more unreachable.
"We commit to defining a reduction target for voluntary emissions, reporting advances in reductions, presenting climate change adaptation policies, carrying out the financial evaluation needed to meet this objective, and aligning financial flows toward low emissions", the ministry said.
Earlier this month, Signer announced that he would be joining the Mayors National Climate Action Agenda.
Macron ouvre à gauche et sort le MoDem — Gouvernement
La sénatrice Modem Jacqueline Gourault fait son entrée au gouvernement comme ministre auprès du ministre de l'Intérieur. Et puis il y avait le fait de porter la loi de moralisation publique qui implique une forme d'exemplarité.
In fact, to the contrary, he said that he did believe the climate is changing.
I assume the "climate change denier" referred to in a recent letter to the editor was meant to apply to President Donald Trump. Rather, the convening creates an opportunity for those organizations and their members to come together for a single event, almost two years after the signing of the Paris Agreement, to send a powerful message of the important of climate issues and a critical time, with the legacy work of the convening occurring through existing institutions.
- Canada's Trudeau: Trump Listens But Twitter Puts a 'Wrinkle' in Diplomacy
- In 'The Last Knight,' round 5 for the Transformers
- Republican wins pricey $79m Georgia race
- Capitol police arrest protesters, some in wheelchairs, outside McConnell's office
- Government health insurance markets holding up, barely
- Democratic lawmaker criticizes party brand, Pelosi
- Quand l'AFP tentait d'étouffer l'affaire Ferrand pour protéger Macron
- Spider-Man Could Help Push PS4 Sales to 100 Million, Says Sony
- California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 other states
- Ronaldo ready to pay 14.7m euros in Spanish tax fraud case