As Tropical Storm Cindy approaches the border of Louisiana and Texas, the risk of flooding and severe thunderstorms will ramp up along the upper Gulf of Mexico coast.
As the storm moves northwest, the Gulf Coast will continue seeing heavy rains, winds of 40-50 miles per hour and increased moisture, CNN meteorologist Michael Guy said. The storm will then move into Tennessee later Friday, according to the National Weather Service.
The National Weather Service has assigned these names for hurricanes and tropical storms in 2017. The warning has been discontinued for east of Morgan City. The Storm Prediction Center has issued a tornado watch for parts of Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi. However, they said it's hard to predict precisely what places might get repeatedly hit by bands of heavy rain. She was unable to make it into Cameron because of the flooded roads.
At this point, it's hard to determine how much, if any, of Cindy's remnants will factor into tri-state weather this weekend, but it appears some rain connected to the tropical storm will soak much of the tri-state region through the first part of the day Friday.
Gamecocks nominated for Best Team ESPY
Clemson had wins over the No. 3, 2 and 1 teams in the nation and beat six teams that finished the season in the top 25. Clemson won the National Championship this year with a 14-1 record, tying the FBS mark for wins in a season.
Cindy is expected to dump 3 to 6 inches (7.5 to 15 cm) of rain as it heads north and east into the Ohio Valley and the Appalachian Mountains through Saturday, said Brian Hurley, a weather service meteorologist. He said the declaration was made in response to the flash flooding and severe weather caused by the tropical system.
"We can not stress enough the importance of avoiding high water", Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards warned Wednesday ahead of Cindy's arrival.
Some coastal areas in southeast Texas have already been badly affected by Storm Cindy. The closest rain to the Metroplex Thursday morning was in the Tyler area. As the remnants of Cindy move by to our north Friday evening, another round of heavy rain will move through with some showers lingering into Saturday morning.
In Gulfport, Mississippi, Kathleen Bertucci said heavy rainfall Wednesday sent about 10 inches of water into her business, Top Shop, which sells and installs granite countertops.
- Shiv Sena extends support, chief says Ram Nath Kovind a good man
- Former MPD officer found not guilty in shooting Sylville Smith
- How to watch the 2017 National Basketball Association draft
- Breaking Down the Senate Healthcare Bill
- Gorkhaland agitation: Army called in as protests in Darjeeling turn violent
- Flint airport officer stabbed in suspected terror attack
- Nitish Kumar's JD-U to support Ram Nath Kovind in Presidential elections
- FIFA Confederations Cup: Australia, Cameroon play out 1-1 draw
- North Korea carries out another rocket engine test
- Nowell scores brace as clinical Lions tame Chiefs