Neighbors told KTLA sister station WPMT they rushed out to help after the dog started attacking the 2-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy. The children are being treated for serious injuries at a hospital. Police told Lancaster Online that their mother and several Good Samaritans successfully got the dog away from the kids.
According to neighbors who witnessed the violent attack, the pit bull managed to escape from its yard by breaking through a fence before attacking the children inside of a minivan parked on a residential street. It's not clear if any charges will be filed.
Police are continuing their investigation into this incident. The dog is now under quarantine.
An earlier story appears below.
Trump says he is 'very supportive' of Senate healthcare bill
Obama was apparently echoing a concern from President Trump, who reportedly called the House version of the bill "mean". Senate health care bill as an "ultra-conservative assault on New Yorkers and our values" that could hit the state hard.
Two young children are recovering after a pit pull escaped its owners Lancaster, Pennsylvania yard, jumped into their family's minivan and attacked them while they were strapped inside their vehicle seats. The mother was also injured during the incident, LancasterOnline said.
"We fought the dog and it just was still attacking, and still attacking, and it wasn't attacking the adults, it was attacking the babies", Marsha Jones said. He says the mother was eventually able to flee and drive to a hospital.
A pit bull jumped into a Lancaster woman's van and attacked her children.
Neighbors who witnessed the brutal attack say that the 5-year-old male victim was covered with blood, his face appearing to have been savaged off.
- Taylor Swift Makes $400K By Streaming Her Songs Again
- Philadelphia repo man tows minivan with sleeping girl in back
- Royal Ascot day three: Mike Cattermole's preview and race-by-race selections
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 other states
- Ecuador ratifies Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- Golden Knights Ask Fans for Input on Which Blackhawks Player to Pick
- Alabama warns of floating fire ants in floods
- In 'The Last Knight,' round 5 for the Transformers
- Debenhams Plc (DEB) Earns "Sell" Rating from Goldman Sachs Group, Inc