Neighbors told KTLA sister station WPMT they rushed out to help after the dog started attacking the 2-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy. The children are being treated for serious injuries at a hospital. Police told Lancaster Online that their mother and several Good Samaritans successfully got the dog away from the kids.
According to neighbors who witnessed the violent attack, the pit bull managed to escape from its yard by breaking through a fence before attacking the children inside of a minivan parked on a residential street. It's not clear if any charges will be filed.
Police are continuing their investigation into this incident. The dog is now under quarantine.
An earlier story appears below.
Hornby says £27.4m takeover bid 'significantly undervalues' firm
Phoenix wants Hornby to retain its listing on the junior Aim market to maintain its profile and provide access to capital. Phoenix Asset struck a deal with smaller stakeholders Ruffer LLP and Downing LLP to vote against NPIL's proposal.
Two young children are recovering after a pit pull escaped its owners Lancaster, Pennsylvania yard, jumped into their family's minivan and attacked them while they were strapped inside their vehicle seats. The mother was also injured during the incident, LancasterOnline said.
"We fought the dog and it just was still attacking, and still attacking, and it wasn't attacking the adults, it was attacking the babies", Marsha Jones said. He says the mother was eventually able to flee and drive to a hospital.
A pit bull jumped into a Lancaster woman's van and attacked her children.
Neighbors who witnessed the brutal attack say that the 5-year-old male victim was covered with blood, his face appearing to have been savaged off.
- Goldschmidt homers as D-Backs rout Rockies, 10-3
- Trump says he is 'very supportive' of Senate healthcare bill
- Markelle Fultz top pick in NBA draft
- Alternate juror in Cosby trial would've convicted
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- Mathew Knowles Congratulates Beyoncé on the Arrival of Her Twins
- Golden Knights Ask Fans for Input on Which Blackhawks Player to Pick
- Conservative party call centre 'may have broken election law'
- Royal Ascot day three: Mike Cattermole's preview and race-by-race selections
- British and Irish Lions team to face Maori All Blacks