The Chaminade product was selected third overall by the Boston Celtics on Thursday night.
"It's great", he said. There were rumors that the Celtics and Pacers were chatting about a Paul George trade, but for now, the future Laker is still in Indiana.
"I know, it's the best night ever", Tatum said.
It's also pretty neat that the third overall pick gets to join a team that just won 53 games and made a trip to the Eastern Conference Finals.
In his lone collegiate season, Jackson averaged 16.3 points, 7.4 rebounds and 3.0 assists for the Jayhawks.
Gatland questions All Blacks' bench, Savea absence
The skipper has set himself for this contest, but even he admits there will be a few butterflies around how he will cope. But he rated the first Test of this Lions series as "probably the most important right now" in his illustrious career.
As part of the deal with Philadelphia, Boston will also receive a first-round draft pick in either 2018 or 2019 - giving it even more bargaining chips to bolster its roster during free agency.
"I talked about that with coach [Brad] Stevens and he said guys at my size and my position and are able to hit open shots and defend the one through the four, it's hard not to play those guys so that's how he looks at using me if they were to draft me", Tatum said.
They have been high on Tatum throughout the draft process, and brought him in for a private workout late last week. Jackson did not work out with the Celtics in advance of the draft and in a post-pick interview with ESPN acknowledged that may have affected his draft stock. "Those teams that didn't draft me, one day, they will be sorry". "I see a lot of their players on their team are about the same things I'm about".
Celtics general manager Danny Ainge felt comfortable dealing the No. 1 pick knowing he could still land a quality wing - either Tatum or Jackson at No. 3.
He turned out to be correct. "The two guys that went ahead of me, they're great players, but I'm glad at how it worked out, so I'm happy", Tatum said of Fultz and Ball.
- Matt Pokora annonce son départ de The Voice
- Liverpool complete €42m Salah signing
- Trump says he's 'very supportive' of new Senate health care bill
- A year of uncertainty for European Union nationals disgraceful, warns Nicola Sturgeon
- Breaking Down the Senate Healthcare Bill
- Devils on the clock with No. 1 pick in NHL draft
- The president's job rating: Who approves, and who doesn't?
- Yellowstone grizzly bears removed from endangered species list - KXLH.com | Helena, Montana
- Weatherford International PLC (WFT) Debt Trading 1.3% Higher
- Comment Bayrou justifie son départ — Démission du gouvernement