The Chaminade product was selected third overall by the Boston Celtics on Thursday night.
"It's great", he said. There were rumors that the Celtics and Pacers were chatting about a Paul George trade, but for now, the future Laker is still in Indiana.
"I know, it's the best night ever", Tatum said.
It's also pretty neat that the third overall pick gets to join a team that just won 53 games and made a trip to the Eastern Conference Finals.
In his lone collegiate season, Jackson averaged 16.3 points, 7.4 rebounds and 3.0 assists for the Jayhawks.
Philippine troops evict Muslim rebel raiders from village
Fighting to date has killed 369 people, including 276 suspected terrorists, the Manila Times reported Thursday. Carmalia has been told the army is close to clearing the militants from the area around her home, she said.
As part of the deal with Philadelphia, Boston will also receive a first-round draft pick in either 2018 or 2019 - giving it even more bargaining chips to bolster its roster during free agency.
"I talked about that with coach [Brad] Stevens and he said guys at my size and my position and are able to hit open shots and defend the one through the four, it's hard not to play those guys so that's how he looks at using me if they were to draft me", Tatum said.
They have been high on Tatum throughout the draft process, and brought him in for a private workout late last week. Jackson did not work out with the Celtics in advance of the draft and in a post-pick interview with ESPN acknowledged that may have affected his draft stock. "Those teams that didn't draft me, one day, they will be sorry". "I see a lot of their players on their team are about the same things I'm about".
Celtics general manager Danny Ainge felt comfortable dealing the No. 1 pick knowing he could still land a quality wing - either Tatum or Jackson at No. 3.
He turned out to be correct. "The two guys that went ahead of me, they're great players, but I'm glad at how it worked out, so I'm happy", Tatum said of Fultz and Ball.
- Breaking Down the Senate Healthcare Bill
- Global overcapacity drags oil prices down to six-month lows
- Bill Simmons: LeBron James Will Play For The Lakers
- The Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Rating Reiterated by Pacific Crest
- The president's job rating: Who approves, and who doesn't?
- Le Real marque un point crucial pour Mbappé — Mercato
- Cindy makes landfall in Louisiana, downgraded to tropical depression
- Apache Corporation (APA) Shares Sold by CIBC World Markets Inc
- Liverpool complete €42m Salah signing
- BlackBerry reports quarterly profit on Qualcomm payment