The 25-year-old did well to create space for himself throughout the match but muffed two good chances in each half, either through a poor first touch or a mis-timed shot.
"I thought it was freaky really, it was like we had elbowed the player the way it was going on", said Hudson.
Both Boxall and Reyes, as well as New Zealand midfielder Ryan Thomas, were all given yellow cards for their part in the incident before Mexico went on to win 2-1.
However, the win was bittersweet as Portugal left-back Raphael Guerreiro was hospitalized with a suspected leg fracture.
Portugal's 1-0 win over the hosts was built around a dominant first-half display, capped by Cristiano Ronaldo's far-post header after eight minutes.
Akinfeev continued his strong performance in the second half with a stunning reflex save from new AC Milan Andre Silva who attempted to put the ball back across goal only to be denied. The European champions struggled to kill off the game despite several chances and could have conceded when Georgy Dzhikiya headed narrowly over in stoppage time.
Hornby says £27.4m takeover bid 'significantly undervalues' firm
Phoenix wants Hornby to retain its listing on the junior Aim market to maintain its profile and provide access to capital. Phoenix Asset struck a deal with smaller stakeholders Ruffer LLP and Downing LLP to vote against NPIL's proposal.
"Russia pressured us in the second half", Santos admitted, and Cherchesov was also pleased with his team's improvement after the break although it was to no avial.
The reigning Champions, the Portuguese beat Russian Federation and made application for the semi-finals of the confederations Cup.
The match turned when Porto midfielder Hector Herrera came on for the second half and Mexico's attacks started to flow.
"The injury comes at a very unfortunate time, especially because Carlos was so happy to be playing for his new club", Frankfurt board member Fredi Bobic said.
Mexico continued to represent North America as it's only team in the Confederation Cup in Russian Federation with a 2-1 victory over New Zealand.
The on-pitch fracas in Sochi, Russia, included punches thrown and involved so many players that referee Bakary Gassama of Gambia had to assess the fight on a replay.
Javier Aquino dribbled in from the left and after an exchange of passes on the edge of the New Zealand box, Jimenez spun to fire high into the net.
- Alabama warns of floating fire ants in floods
- "Pas impossible" que le gouvernement comprenne de nouveaux membres LR — Edouard Philippe
- Ecuador ratifies Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- Markelle Fultz top pick in NBA draft
- Royal Ascot day three: Mike Cattermole's preview and race-by-race selections
- Philadelphia repo man tows minivan with sleeping girl in back
- Décryptage de la 'photo de famille' du gouvernement Philippe II
- Syria conflict: US jet 'downs drone' near Jordan border
- Auditor faults Penn State's tuition hikes, admissions record
- C à vous : Anne-Sophie Lapix a présenté sa dernière émission