Hodgkinson had with him a piece of paper listing the names of six members of congress, said Tim Slater, special agent in charge of the FBI Washington Field Office's Criminal Division, at a news conference Wednesday in Washington.
Here is how Tucker and Werner described Hodgkinson's list in the fourth and fifth paragraphs of their report, which was primarily about the upgrading of shooting victim and Louisiana Congressman Steve Scalise's condition. He has undergone several surgeries and remains in hospital. The hospital says his condition has improved to fair. Slater confirmed prior reports that Hodgkinson prior to shooting had asked an unspecified witness, "Is this the Republican or Democrat baseball team?" If you would like to discuss another topic, look for a relevant article.
Hodgkinson, a 66-year-old home inspector and activist who volunteered on the presidential campaign of Sen.
Saturday evening, Eric Tucker and Erica Werner at the Associated Press were clearly determined to tell readers as little as they possibly could about the list of GOP lawmakers' names found on James Hodgkinson after he was killed trying to assassinate several congressmen and others present at a baseball practice in Alexandria, Virginia on Wednesday.
"The shooter made numerous posts on his social media accounts, espousing anti-Republican views, however those posts appear to be first amendment protected rights", Slater says. The rifle had been modified to accept a detachable magazine.
House Democrat: 'We need new leadership'
During Thursday's press briefing, Pelosi took several questions about her future in the role of minority leader for the Democrats. And usually they go after the most effective leaders, because they want to take us, diminish the opportunity that we have".
A gunman appears to have acted alone when he opened fire on Republican lawmakers' baseball practice, seriously wounding Representative Steve Scalise, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
A search of online newspapers shows that Hodgkinson frequently wrote letters to his local newspaper, the Belleville News-Democrat, which published nearly two dozen of them between 2010 and 2012.
Slater said Hodgkinson acted alone and was known to have an "anger management problem".
The Majority Whip was struck in the hip and the bullet shattered blood vessels, bones and internal organs along the way.
- Trump congratulates newly-elevated Saudi Arabian crown prince
- Manslaughter charges eyed in deadly Grenfell Tower blaze
- Rana's 'Nene Raju, Nene Mantri' trailer released
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop criticised by NASA over 'healing' stickers
- 76ers select Oklahoma State's Jawun Evans second round
- Tropical Storm Cindy Brings Rain and Possible Flooding
- Mass ACLU: Michelle Carter conviction 'imperils free speech'
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA) Reviewed By Analysts
- One killed as Storm Cindy makes landfall in southern US
- Ogden rate means higher vehicle insurance premiums - but by how much?