Juster also got drafted into the trusted circles of Trump and was entrusted with important responsibilities such as president's representative and lead U.S. negotiator ('Sherpa') for the annual G-7, G-20, and APEC Summits.
Juster has been a pro-India voice ever since he was an Under-secretary in the US Department of Commerce in the George W Bush administration. The Indians will welcome him enthusiastically. He was also one of the key architects of the Next Steps in Strategic Partnership initiative between the United States and India. "He is a known quantity", Tellis told The Washington Post. Josh Rogin, the columnist, said four White House officials had confirmed Kenneth Juster's impending appointment and that Juster was in the process of getting more clearances before a formal announcement.
Attorney General Sessions Hires Private Attorney, Pence Expresses Support
June 20, 2017Cooper reportedly helped to counsel Sessions ahead of his testimony last week before the Senate Intelligence Committee.
Richard Verma, the first Indian-American to head this position, had resigned when Trump replaced Barack Obama as the President of the US. The Indian government has also endorsed the appointment. This formed the foundation for the landmark civil nuclear agreement between the two countries in 2008.
His wealth of experience in government and playing a crucial role in the India-US high technology group which dealt with issues related to the lifting of sanctions and dual-technology use might come handy. "He holds a law degree from the Harvard Law School, a master's degree in Public Policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard, and a bachelor's degree in Government from Harvard College".
Juster previously served as the under secretary of commerce (2001-2005), counsellor (acting) of the department of state (1992-1993), deputy and senior adviser to deputy secretary of state Lawrence S Eagleburger (1989-1992), and law clerk to judge James L Oakes of the U.S. court of appeals for the second circuit (1980-1981). It says that the private equity, Warburg Pincus, firm where Juster worked previously, has been pouring money into Indian companies.
- Paris police: Champs-Elysees attacker killed, firearms and explosives found in auto
- Apple accuse de nouveau Qualcomm — Brevets
- Devon Love Island contestant Jessica is voted off the show
- Freddie Freeman planning to play third base upon return from disabled list
- Oil prices climb off 10-month lows as US stockpiles drop
- Rajiv Gandhi's killer seeks mercy killing, petitions Tamil Nadu government
- Confirmed: Akshay Kumar won't play PM Narendra Modi
- BSEB Matric 10th Result 2017: Bihar Board Class 10 results announced
- Bill Cosby's Lawyers Ask Judge to Declare Mistrial but Motion Is Denied
- Small explosion near NATO facility in Turkey; no injuries