"We would expect a decision sometime after that, probably September", said Jan Hasselman, an attorney for the Standing Rock Sioux, which filed the lawsuit last summer that was later joined by three other Sioux tribes.
"Energy Transfer must immediately turn off this dirty and risky pipeline while the Army Corps conducts a thorough environmental review", Mofitt said.
The company that built it says it is safe.
The long-delayed project was finished earlier this year after President Donald Trump took office and called for its completion.
Water protectors standing in solidarity with the fight against the Dakota Access Pipeline are gathering today (June 21) in Washington, D.C., where the pipeline's future may be decided.
Trump confirms he's under investigation by Special Counsel Mueller
Shortly after Trump fired Comey, a Justice Department official tapped Mueller to take up the investigation as a special counsel. Rosenstein also approved the appointment of Mueller as special counsel after the recusal of Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
To read this article in one of Houston's most-spoken languages, click on the button below.
"The judge wrote that the Army Corps of Engineers "did not adequately consider the impacts of an oil spill on fishing rights, hunting rights, or environmental justice, or to which the pipeline's effects are likely to be highly controversial", the Sierra Club reported".
"If that (pipeline) spills, it means game over", said the Rev. Lennox Yearwood Jr., president and CEO of the Hip Hop Caucus activist group. "It means they can't wash, they can't clean, they can't feed their children. It means their way of life ends".
- Oil prices climb off 10-month lows as US stockpiles drop
- BSEB Matric 10th Result 2017: Bihar Board Class 10 results announced
- Celtics trade #1 pick in NBA Draft to Philadelphia
- Fmr. DHS Secy.: 'That's A Fact' Russian Government 'Orchestrated Cyber Attacks'
- US President Donald Trump's aide to be next US envoy to India
- Police partner with Facebook for child abduction alerts
- Trump's net worth takes $100M nosedive
- The Lehigh Valley Zoo Opens Giraffe Feeding Deck
- End of the Ride: Travis Kalanick Is Done as Uber CEO
- Rajiv Gandhi's killer seeks mercy killing, petitions Tamil Nadu government