In a shocking incident on Wednesday night, a farmer committed suicide outside a village office in Kerala's Kozhikode district after alleging harassment by an officer.
57-year old Kavilpurayidathil Joy, alias Thomas, a native of Chakkittapara village, was found hanging around 9.30 pm. Speaking to Asianet News, a distraught Molly said that the village officials held a grudge against Joy and was adamant to not help him, despite the family having all documents related to the land.
Following a huge public outcry over the incident, village assistant Sirish was suspended on Thursday for dereliction of duty.
KP Joy hanged himself to death at the Chembanodu village revenue office after the officials refused to accept his payments despite several attempts. Revenue minister E Chandrasekharan has sought a report from the collector regarding the turn of events that led to the suicide.
State Power Minister MM Mani, who arrived at the residence of Joy today, said that he has spoken to the district collector. They also took part in the sit-in protest near the village office.Читайте также: Tiens, Benoît Paire a encore fondu un boulon
Previous year the family had to stage a dharna outside the office and tax was accepted after the intervention of higher officials. The family had staged a hunger strike outside the village office following which he was allowed to pay tax past year.
Joy is survived by wife Molly and daughters Ambili, Anju and Amal.
However, in 2017 again Joy was treated roughly by the officials.
Village Council chief Shiji said the state authorities were requested to extend a helping hand to the family. There was reportedly a family dispute over the said land.
Kozhikode District Collector U V Jose who visited the place this morning and assured people all necessary action in the matter.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- China's dog meat festival opens despite ban rumours
- China topples Indian smartphone makers with strategic innovation and marketing
- Nation finally to see the latest version of heath-care reform
- Prend une participation dans le capital de Kalray — Safran
- BCCI to receive $405 mn from ICC's revenue
- Patriots' Malcolm Mitchell has deal with Scholastic Books
- Texas mother was distracted by Facebook when infant daughter drowned, sheriff says
- Fasquelle (LR) dénonce le "recyclage" de ceux "qui quittent le gouvernement"
- The Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO) Getting Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Study Shows
- Kiwis pedaling toward possible America's Cup upset