A 26-year-old was killed in a crash that happened on I-95 in St. Johns County late Monday night, the Florida Highway Patrol reports.
FHP says Michalec was pronounced dead at the scene.
Ashley Michalec was heading south on I-95 just after 10:15 p.m. when her 2008 Infiniti drove off the road and onto the grass, the Highway Patrol said. Her auto hit a traffic sign support pole, then spun.
National Hockey League awards 2017: Patrice Bergeron wins fourth Selke Trophy
To finish out the 2016-17 season, the forward collected 21 goals and 32 assists, good for 53 points. Bergeron won the award Wednesday night in Las Vegas at the NHL Awards show.
FHP initially said the incident was a shooting, but later clarified that it was a stabbing.
The crash remains under investigation and charges are pending.
- Soccer Fans Following Confederations Cup in Russian Federation
- John Flannery Wiki: 3 Facts to Know about General Electric's New CEO
- Asian stocks climb as oil crawls up from 10-month low
- Saudi Arabia's Mohammed bin Salman elevated to Crown Prince - SPA
- Queen's speech: Government will deliver eight separate bills on Brexit
- Charter Communications agrees to $13M settlement
- Miss South Carolina's Chaz Ellis shares his favorite hangouts
- Amazon patent could prevent shoppers from price checking in-store
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of QEP Resources, Inc. (QEP)
- Mexico vs New Zealand