Markelle Fultz is nearly certainly going to be the first overall pick at this Thursday's NBA Draft, with the Sixers having traded up with Boston for the pick in a blockbuster deal over the weekend. That wasn't his only footwear endorsement option though: in a piece at the Washington Post, the former Husky mentioned an interest in Big Baller Brand. While Lonzo is already (possibly) cashing in on those $500 sneakers, Fultz inked a multiyear deal with Nike late last week.
Fultz: I don't know, honestly.
Champions Trophy 2021 in doubt, ICC mulls 2 WT20s in 4 years
Wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant and left-arm chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav have been picked for the five ODIs and one-off T20. "They have proven it", he said .
Still, it's amusing to consider the potential, as it was amusing to see Fultz ponder then reject the idea out of a desire to not want to make an opponent money.
And Williams piggy-backed Fultz's comments by saying "I don't think they've (Big Baller Brand) got money to sign anybody". He has no relation to the Ball family and therefore wouldn't be willing to make such a big risk on his first shoe contract, especially when Nike's trying to give you that guaranteed $$$. Why would a prospect hitch their respective marketing wagon to an unproven brand run by a guy who talks and acts like LaVar Ball?
- Uganda, UN seek $8 billion for South Sudanese refugees
- Despite Tweets That Say Otherwise, Lawyers Insist Trump Is Not Under Investigation
- Mickey Arthur wants world XI to visit Pakistan
- Stephen Hawking: "I Am Convinced That Humans Need to Leave Earth"
- Spain court calls Ronaldo to testify in $16mn tax fraud case
- Switzerland's Bacsinszky Reaches Women's Semi-Finals On A Rainy Day
- Russian fighter jet flies five feet from United States spy plane
- Chris Cornell's daughter pours her heart out in Father's Day love note
- Russian jet flies within feet of USA plane over Baltic Sea
- Kohli, Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar Make ICC Champions Trophy Team