"Both fighters have a similar height and reach, with Mayweather listed at 5'8" with a reach of 72" and McGregor listed at 5'9" with a 74" reach giving "The Notorious" a slight advantage.
"(Mayweather) finished the Pacquiao fight - Wednesday he was back in the damn gym", Ellerbe said.
McGregor does have no professional boxing experience to speak of, which is a big concern of Butterbean's in getting the fight approved.
McGregor, the Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight champion, agreed to the fight last month, but negotiations over Mayweather's terms had been considered more hard. Ellerbe responded. "It's a very, very hot fight, and a fight that the fans want".
White expects the Mayweather bout to break PPV records, surpassing even the 4.6 million buys made by the undefeated boxer's scrap with fellow legend Manny Pacquiao. In May, White said that the two agreed to a fight, and they were waiting to finalize the terms. The request was for an event to be broadcast on Showtime, which had an exclusive agreement with Mayweather.
McGregor's long-mooted collision with the 40-year-old was finally confirmed by both camps on Wednesday night, with a 26 August Las Vegas showdown set to land in a cloud of hype and feverish interest.
Callon Petroleum Company (CPE) Upgraded at BidaskClub
The stock of Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE:CPE) has "Outperform" rating given on Thursday, April 28 by iBERIA Capital Partners. The Massachusetts-based Bogle Invest Management Limited Partnership De has invested 0.29% in Brink's Company (NYSE:BCO).
The fight is expected to be a 12-round boxing match, with 10-ounce gloves.
While terms are still unknown, it's been reported that Mayweather would get the larger purse, potentially as high as $100 million, according to White, likely the motivation in luring him out of retirement and risking his ideal 49-0 career record.
McGregor has held UFC featherweight and lightweight title belts, but has never boxed in either professional or amateur settings.
The McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) vs. Mayweather (49-0 boxing) bout was formally announced on Wednesday following months of rumors and doubts.
"This is the unknown factor", Ellerbe said, adding that he was "impressed" with McGregor's stand-up game.
- Yanez acquittal sparks protests in St. Paul
- Vigils planned for fatally attacked Muslim teen
- Madrid following Mbappe and Donnarumma but not interested in De Gea - Perez
- Venezuela calls countries "lap dogs" at OAS Mexico meeting
- Italy's Eni signs MoU with Iran on oil & gas field study
- Suspect shot after explosion at Brussels train station
- Patterson-UTI Energy Inc. (PTEN) Closed at $20.41
- CMT Will Not Be Reviving Tim Allen Comedy 'Last Man Standing'
- Two bear attacks, two deaths over two days in Alaska
- Drug trials 'skewed by the pharmaeutical industry,' Global Positioning System say