The NBA's developmental program, formerly known as the D-League, is now known as the G-League.
But the financial incentives top the list of improvements of the G League. It marked the first time a USA professional sports league named an entitlement partner. National Basketball Association teams will be able to have up to two players on such deals, where players would be primarily on a G League club and can be on the National Basketball Association team's active or inactive list for up to 45 days during the regular season.
The rebranding of what had been known as the NBA Development League went into effect Tuesday, created to coincide with NBA draft week - since it's certain numerous players who will be selected will spend some time in the G League this coming season.
For the first time this fall, NBA teams can sign up to two "two-way" players to NBA contracts, which allows the player to be with their NBA parent team for up to 45 days, while spending most of the season in the NBA G League. Last season, almost 1.5 million fans attended games, marking the eighth straight year the league has surpassed 1 million fans.
Google Cloud Expands Down Under
Google Cloud Platform's global expansion marched on today with the official launch of its latest region in Sydney, Australia. The company is also building three zones in Mumbai and new network infrastructure to tie the Asia Pacific regions together.
Part of the deal with Gatorade calls for G League players to benefit from an association with the Gatorade Sports Science Institute, which works with players on research and education to find how they can get the most out of their bodies.
In a move that we knew was coming for more than four months, it became the G-League.
Gatorade was a founding partner of the league, dating to the inaugural 2001-02 season.
There are now 26 teams affiliated with the program. NBA G League games are available on ESPN's family of networks and NBA TV.
- Accord avec Monaco pour Valère Germain — OM
- Trump urges Qatar leader to resolve diplomatic crisis with Arab nations
- ADDING MULTIMEDIA AirAsia World Champions for Ninth Time at Skytrax
- Finsbury Park terror suspect's mum responds to mosque attack
- Five people reported missing in Grenfell Tower inferno FOUND safe and well
- Saudi royals to make pledge to new crown prince
- Trump slams North Korea after United States student's death
- McConnell says GOP getting ready for Senate health care vote
- Vince Cable 'not too old' for Lib Dem leadership
- Russia says new US sanctions will not alter Moscow's course: RIA