House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) was one of four shooting victims, and his right-hand vote counter, Chief Deputy Whip Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.), has temporarily taken over for his friend in the House.
The 2017 Congressional Baseball Game last Thursday set a record for fundraising and ticket sales, organizers announced Tuesday, a sign that there was an outpouring of support in the days after the shooting at the Republican team's practice.
That's the word from MedStar Washington Hospital Center. The House Majority Whip "received many units of blood transfusion for ongoing hemorrhage from multiple locations".
The charity baseball game between Democrats and Republicans was played the next night. "He is now listed in fair condition and is beginning an extended period of healing and rehabilitation", according to a statement from MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Three others were shot in addition to Scalise.
Ronaldo painted on Russian mural that only the team can see
Andre Gomes and Adrien were booked against Mexico and are just one more yellow card away from a one-match suspension. Portugal did finally make it 1-0 on 34 minutes when Quaresma opened their account after being played in by Ronaldo.
Scalise's trauma surgeon said Friday he can hope to make an "excellent recovery", even though the lawmaker arrived at the hospital Wednesday at imminent risk of death.
It remains unclear when he may be released from the hospital.
House Speaker Paul Ryan also gave an update on the Congressman saying that Scalise is "on the road to recovery". After Scalise was shot in the hip, the bullet traveled through his pelvis, fractured bones and injured internal organs.
The rifle-wielding attacker - James T. Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Ill. - died after being wounded by Capitol Police.
- Why Was the Georgia Congressional Race the Most Expensive in History?
- Boston Celtics trade number one pick to Philadephia 76ers
- Marian Hossa ratera toute la saison 2017 — Blackhawks
- Overwatch Releases New Map and Patch 1.12
- Iran Condemns London Mosque Attack
- Le nouveau visage du gouvernement — Remaniement
- Un Français décédé — Incendie au Portugal
- Federation Internationale de Football Association warns Mexico over 'insulting' chants at Confederations Cup in Russia
- Dozens killed, wounded in attack on Afghanistan police headquarters
- Rowntree says mid-week players pressing for Lions test spots