Mexico, the 1999 winners, struggled to match Fernando Santos' side as Portugal hit their stride halfway through the first half and Ronaldo provided Quaresma with a simple finish after the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) had ruled out a goal for Nani.
- Mexico's top goal scorer Javier Hernandez scored his side's opening goal of this year's Confederations Cup and is now just two goals away from his 50th in worldwide football; four of Mexico's last five goals at the Confederations Cup have been scored by Hernandez.
Mexico had a corner kick right at the death and Hector Moreno headed home the crucial equalizer to send the entire Kazan Arena into the wilds.
Host Russia who defeated New Zealand 2-0 in the opening fixture of the tournament lead the group with 3 points.
Russian Federation will qualify for the second round with a win, while 3 points would put Portugal in a strong position with only New Zealand to play.
Barbie Brand Reveals Most Diverse Ken Lineup To Date
One wrote: "Y'all one of the new Ken dolls has a man bun, pls help", while another added: "There's a new Ken doll with a Man Bun". Mattel Inc., based in El Segundo, California, said some of the new Ken dolls will be available for sale on its website Tuesday.
"I think it was a very good result for Mexico".
Spanish authorities accuse Ronaldo of evading 14.7 million euro ($16.5m) in tax and he has been summoned to appear in court next month in Madrid. "I think that will help because all we want to do is prepare well the team for each game and for the fans to enjoy each game".
The assistants duly looked it over, and awarded what looked to be a correct offside decision against Portugal, disallowing the goal.
He will especially have to be wary of Javier Hernandez since the former Manchester United player did score against Portugal and is in his usual fiery form.
Portugal did finally make it 1-0 on 34 minutes when Quaresma opened their account after being played in by Ronaldo.
Andre Gomes and Adrien were booked against Mexico and are just one more yellow card away from a one-match suspension. It ended; Portugal 2-2 Mexico.
He said: "We are professionals and we are just thinking about doing our best in the Confederations Cup, to go as far as possible in this tournament".
- Barbie's boyfriend Ken gets diverse makeover
- Qatar, US sign $12 b military deal amid gulf crisis
- Federation Internationale de Football Association warns Mexico over 'insulting' chants at Confederations Cup in Russia
- Overwatch Releases New Map and Patch 1.12
- Global Markets - Oil slump spooks investors; China stocks underwhelmed by MSCI
- DEVELOPING: Police officer stabbed at Bishop International Airport in Flint
- Gov. Wolf To Sign Animal Protection Bill
- Players to Watch: Travelers Championship
- Why Was the Georgia Congressional Race the Most Expensive in History?
- France : Emmanuel Macron partage un iftar avec les musulmans au CFCM