Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday announced Rs10 million as prize money for each player of the Pakistan cricket team who won the Champions Trophy after beating India in the final.
Reflecting on the announcement, Minister of State for Information Marriyum Aurangzeb said that the Pakistan team had lifted the spirit of nation by producing brilliant performance throughout the tournament. She also added that Pakistani team outclassed their opponents in all departments - batting, fielding and bowling.
Meanwhile, Chairman Senate Mian Raza Rabbani has invited the Pakistan cricket team to visit Parliament House after Eid.
Test spot still possible for back-up Lions
This time he will be hoping for a far better performance from his Lions team and isn't likely to be subjected to any verbal digs from Rennie.
Pakistan delivered an all-round performance against India, winning the finals by massive 180 runs at the Kennington Oval to lift their maiden Champions Trophy title.
The letter invites the cricket team to the Parliament House at a convenient date and time during the coming session of the Senate, from July 10 to 21, according to a press release.
- Israel starts work on first new West Bank settlement in 20 years
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc
- Election debacle leaves United Kingdom govt in minority on eve of Brexit talks
- Clement key as Swansea on brink of signing Chelsea striker Abraham
- Instagram fête ses 250 millions d'utilisateurs quotidiens avec une nouvelle fonction !
- WA mum charged over baby's death
- Thousands join India's Modi, hit the mat for International Yoga Day
- Foiled Brussels attacker's bag had nails & gas bottles
- Iraqi Forces Seize Key Crossing near Syria from ISIL
- Leading US-based index to include Chinese stocks for 1st time