Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday announced Rs10 million as prize money for each player of the Pakistan cricket team who won the Champions Trophy after beating India in the final.
Reflecting on the announcement, Minister of State for Information Marriyum Aurangzeb said that the Pakistan team had lifted the spirit of nation by producing brilliant performance throughout the tournament. She also added that Pakistani team outclassed their opponents in all departments - batting, fielding and bowling.
Meanwhile, Chairman Senate Mian Raza Rabbani has invited the Pakistan cricket team to visit Parliament House after Eid.
Iraqi Forces Seize Key Crossing near Syria from ISIL
Aircraft from the US -led coalition and the Iraqi air force took part in the operation, the statement said. On June 9, Syria opposition troops approached the Iraqi border northeast of At-Tanf.
Pakistan delivered an all-round performance against India, winning the finals by massive 180 runs at the Kennington Oval to lift their maiden Champions Trophy title.
The letter invites the cricket team to the Parliament House at a convenient date and time during the coming session of the Senate, from July 10 to 21, according to a press release.
- Un choix qui "simplifie la situation", selon Castaner — Départ Bayrou
- Pakistan's drought-breaking Champions Trophy win a sweet victory for millions
- Sensex barrels ahead to record peak, Nifty tops 9600
- Led coalition shoots down Iranian made drone in Syria
- Pakistan cricket back on track with Champions Trophy win: Afridi
- Israel starts work on first new West Bank settlement in 20 years
- Grosse chaleur et haute sécurité pour la Fête de la musique
- Clement key as Swansea on brink of signing Chelsea striker Abraham
- Leading US-based index to include Chinese stocks for 1st time
- Deutsche Bank Cuts Rating On NXP Semiconductors NV (NXPI)