The police has registered a case against the godman for rape under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
Giving a new twist to the case, the woman, who had claimed she had cut the genitals of 54-year-old Gangeshananda to foil his rape attempt, had later retracted her statement.
After the May 18 incident, the woman that day told police that the godman had been raping her since she was a minor and that he made sexual advances at her that day too, and in retaliation she assaulted him with a knife.
The bail plea may be considered after receiving the medical report, the prosecution argued.The court accepted the prosecution's arguments and denied bail.In another major development, the court also admitted the petition by the prosecution seeking to conduct brain-mapping and polygraph tests on the law student. She also said that the godman never misbehaved with her, but in her friend's petition at the high court, he claims that the young women had done the bobbitsation. However, later she dismissed the statement in a letter which she purportedly wrote to the defence lawyer.
Republican Karen Handel Wins Special Election for Georgia's 6th Congressional Election
We've seen them blown up before about how important it is and then if the Republican wins, often they will, it's no big deal. He says one of the most common complaints has been from poll workers canceling people's absentee-by-mail ballots at polls.
The police also wanted the court's sanction to conduct a medical examination of the woman, who was refusing to undergo medical examination "on one pretext or another". The police had sought the test after the woman said the police were fabricating stories about the case.
Her mother had earlier written to the DGP stating that the man had not raped her daughter and claimed she had some mental problems. In her complaint, the woman said she is not under house arrest or in the custody of any person. She had alleged that Swami had been abusing her for several years while visiting her house for rituals.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.
- Baird Financial Group Inc. Acquires 56332 Shares of Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT)
- Vegas Golden Knights may get franchise goalie, young roster
- USA forces shoot down Iranian drone over Syria as fighting escalates
- '10000 to take part in Yoga Day event in CP'
- Trump withdrawal from climate deal
- Bihar Governor Ram Nath Kovind resigns
- ADDING MULTIMEDIA AirAsia World Champions for Ninth Time at Skytrax
- Trump calls Warmbier's death 'total disgrace'
- YHB Investment Advisors Inc. Purchases 135 Shares of Morgan Stanley (MS)
- Finsbury Park terror suspect's mum responds to mosque attack