President Trump said Tuesday that college student Otto Warmbier - imprisoned by North Korea during the Obama administration - might be alive today if the United States had "brought him home sooner".
Warmbier's family declined to have an autopsy performed on him, the Hamilton County Coroner's Office in OH said Tuesday, deciding that only an "external examination" would be performed.
The Ohio coroner's office said on Tuesday that it had not been able to determine the cause of Warmbier's death after carrying out an external examination.
Nauert said that the administration is "contemplating" restricting American travel to North Korea, but a decision has not been reached.
They have not cited any specific death's cause but blamed "awful, torturous mistreatment" by North Korea.
Relatives have said they were told by U.S. envoys that North Korean officials claimed Warmbier contracted botulism after his trial and lapsed into a coma after taking a sleeping pill.
However, it said in a statement on its website yesterday that Mr Warmbier's death had "led us to reconsider our position on accepting American tourists".
Supreme Court Will Hear Wisconsin Partisan Gerrymandering Case
He says Democrats proved in court that their rights were violated and "now this story will be told on a national stage". In 2014, the party garnered 52 percent of the vote and 63 state Assembly seats.
President Donald Trump told Bloomberg News last month he'd be "honored" to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un "under the right circumstances". "His family is incredible, what they've gone through, but he should have been brought home a long time ago", Trump said while meeting with Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko at the White House. The White House and the State Department said they were considering options in response to his death, including a travel ban on Americans visiting North Korea.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in says North Korea should swiftly return South Koreans and Americans detained in the reclusive nation and that Pyongyang has "a heavy responsibility" in the death of a USA university student.
Trump has pressured China's President Xi to help curb North Korea's nuclear program and missile tests.
Tensions between the USA and North Korea have been on the rise in recent months, amid a rapid succession of missile tests by the North.
In March 2016, Kim Dong Chul, a 62-year-old Korean-American missionary, was sentenced to 10 years of hard labor for subversion.
North Korea is also holding Canadian pastor Hyeon Soo Lim.
- Overwatch Releases New Map and Patch 1.12
- Scalise upgraded to 'fair condition,' beginning rehabilitation
- Minnesota Twins take shortstop Royce Lewis at No. 1 in Major League Baseball draft
- Federation Internationale de Football Association warns Mexico over 'insulting' chants at Confederations Cup in Russia
- Police arrest 15 men for 'celebrating' Pakistan win over India
- Why Was the Georgia Congressional Race the Most Expensive in History?
- Ronaldo painted on Russian mural that only the team can see
- Dozens killed, wounded in attack on Afghanistan police headquarters
- France : Emmanuel Macron partage un iftar avec les musulmans au CFCM
- Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition Announced for PS4 and Xbox One