This announcement comes the same day as Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is stopping by the White House.
The U.S. Treasury added 38 individuals and entities Tuesday to those sanctioned because of Russia's actions in Ukraine.
The Trump administration has been cool to a Russian Federation sanctions bill moving its way through Congress, and continues to fight back allegations of collusion with Russian Federation during the presidential campaign.
"This administration is committed to a diplomatic process that guarantees Ukrainian sovereignty, and there should be no sanctions relief until Russian Federation meets its obligations under the Minsk agreements", Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in the statement.
Airbus: GE Capital commande 100 appareils A320neo pour 10 milliards de dollars
Il s'agit de la version Leap-1B du moteur de nouvelle génération de Safran et GE, pour un montant de 1,3 milliard de dollars. Sa compatriote China Southern a quant à elle placé une commande de 1,5 milliard de dollars pour équiper 50 appareils.
Harrell said he believes Tuesday's actions by the administration were partly meant to ease those concerns and "to send a message to Congress that they do not need to enact new Russian Federation sanctions". "This administration is committed to a diplomatic process that guarantees Ukrainian sovereignty, and there should be no sanctions relief until Russian Federation meets its obligations under the Minsk agreements".
The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) announced the sanctions.
The Treasury Department said Tuesday the strengthened sanctions targeted individuals and organizations connected to the continuing conflict in eastern Ukraine and would remain in place until Russian Federation met obligations under peace accords of 2014 and 2015.
The new sanctions freeze any assets of the individuals and organizations listed that are in US banks and prohibit American companies from doing any business with those named.
- Phil Jackson 'isn't ruling out' trading Kristaps Porzingis
- Donald Trump tweets his frustration with Russia investigation
- Injured jockey Frankie Dettori out of Royal Ascot
- FBI Investigates Anti-Trump Gunman Who Shot 4 People at Virginia Ballpark
- Ireland's Leo Varadkar reassured by talks with Theresa May over DUP deal
- Candidates in tight Georgia race make final bid for votes
- F-35A flights at Luke AFB to resume Wednesday
- New Zealand leader faces questions over alleged secret tapes
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Intel Corporation
- Cristiano Ronaldo set for July court date in tax fraud case