Portuguese outlet A Bola claimed that the national team skipper, now playing at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation, has told his agent Jorge Mendes to get him back to Manchester United.
Ronaldo has denied any wrongdoing, and Madrid has issued a statement saying it believed the player was innocent. "That's why I will speak with him when he gets back and see what's up", Perez told Spanish radio Onda Cero late Monday (Tuesday, PHL time).
But the situation has stuck in the craw for Ronaldo, leading the Portugal captain to tell those close to him that he wants to quit the club and the country.
Perez said he could understood why the four-times world player of the year had been upset after he was accused last week of evading 14.7 million euros in tax through offshore companies.
Whole Foods CEO Says Amazon Connection Was 'Love at First Sight'
Amazon's $42-a-share offer amounted to a 27% premium above where Whole Foods' stock had closed the prior day, at $33.06. Later, he assured the employees, "I would just say, if Whole Foods culture evolves, it'll be in ways that you decide".
"I still haven't spoken to Cristiano Ronaldo".
"Obviously something has happened, something has affected him, his credibility".
Ronaldo is with Portugal at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation and has not said anything about his future since the A Bola story was published.
Ronaldo, Portugal's all-time leading scorer, is the latest in a long line of soccer players in Spain - among them Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Neymar - to be caught up in cases over tax or transfers.
Under Perez, Real Madrid have won three Champions League titles in four seasons. But the tax authorities later found that some of the information presented in that settlement was incorrect, the prosecutors said. "All we know is that he's unhappy with the treatment he has had from the press, who have claimed that he is a tax cheat".
- NHL Reveals Protection Lists Before Expansion Draft
- Ronaldo won't quit Real: club boss
- Cosby case is about much more than him: Lena
- Wayne Rooney returns to training early with Man Utd future still unresolved
- Mourinho soupçonné de fraude fiscale — Man Utd
- Dean Ambrose Wrestles After RAW, Samoa Joe vs
- Golf roundup: Four share lead after 1st round at St Jude Classic
- Ronaldo convoqué par la justice le 31 juillet
- Mozilla launches its privacy-protecting Firefox Focus web browser on Android
- Weapons Found In Car That Crashed Into Paris Police Van