Portuguese outlet A Bola claimed that the national team skipper, now playing at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation, has told his agent Jorge Mendes to get him back to Manchester United.
Ronaldo has denied any wrongdoing, and Madrid has issued a statement saying it believed the player was innocent. "That's why I will speak with him when he gets back and see what's up", Perez told Spanish radio Onda Cero late Monday (Tuesday, PHL time).
But the situation has stuck in the craw for Ronaldo, leading the Portugal captain to tell those close to him that he wants to quit the club and the country.
Perez said he could understood why the four-times world player of the year had been upset after he was accused last week of evading 14.7 million euros in tax through offshore companies.
Meteorologists: Atlantic could see two tropical storms this week
There is another tropical wave out in the Atlantic that also has a high chance of developing within the next three to five days. This slow festering if you will - with a system tilted to the right - is pretty classic for early season tropical systems.
"I still haven't spoken to Cristiano Ronaldo".
"Obviously something has happened, something has affected him, his credibility".
Ronaldo is with Portugal at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation and has not said anything about his future since the A Bola story was published.
Ronaldo, Portugal's all-time leading scorer, is the latest in a long line of soccer players in Spain - among them Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Neymar - to be caught up in cases over tax or transfers.
Under Perez, Real Madrid have won three Champions League titles in four seasons. But the tax authorities later found that some of the information presented in that settlement was incorrect, the prosecutors said. "All we know is that he's unhappy with the treatment he has had from the press, who have claimed that he is a tax cheat".
- Braidwood sends video statement to Hague family
- Ronaldo convoqué par la justice le 31 juillet
- NHL Reveals Protection Lists Before Expansion Draft
- Centrica PLC (CNA) Rating Reiterated by Deutsche Bank AG
- Golf roundup: Four share lead after 1st round at St Jude Classic
- Anderlecht a trouvé son nouveau gardien — Mercato
- Justice CS Karnan arrested from Coimbatore
- Dean Ambrose Wrestles After RAW, Samoa Joe vs
- Mourinho soupçonné de fraude fiscale — Man Utd
- Role of Dhoni, Yuvraj come under scanner