Portuguese outlet A Bola claimed that the national team skipper, now playing at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation, has told his agent Jorge Mendes to get him back to Manchester United.
Ronaldo has denied any wrongdoing, and Madrid has issued a statement saying it believed the player was innocent. "That's why I will speak with him when he gets back and see what's up", Perez told Spanish radio Onda Cero late Monday (Tuesday, PHL time).
But the situation has stuck in the craw for Ronaldo, leading the Portugal captain to tell those close to him that he wants to quit the club and the country.
Perez said he could understood why the four-times world player of the year had been upset after he was accused last week of evading 14.7 million euros in tax through offshore companies.
Belhanda proche de Galatasaray
Le départ de l'ancien Montpelliérain devrait rapporter huit millions d'euros aux Ukrainiens, plus un de bonus. D'après de nombreux médias locaux, Younes Belhanda devrait s'engager avec Galatasaray .
"I still haven't spoken to Cristiano Ronaldo".
"Obviously something has happened, something has affected him, his credibility".
Ronaldo is with Portugal at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation and has not said anything about his future since the A Bola story was published.
Ronaldo, Portugal's all-time leading scorer, is the latest in a long line of soccer players in Spain - among them Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Neymar - to be caught up in cases over tax or transfers.
Under Perez, Real Madrid have won three Champions League titles in four seasons. But the tax authorities later found that some of the information presented in that settlement was incorrect, the prosecutors said. "All we know is that he's unhappy with the treatment he has had from the press, who have claimed that he is a tax cheat".
- NHL Reveals Protection Lists Before Expansion Draft
- Mourinho soupçonné de fraude fiscale — Man Utd
- Golf roundup: Four share lead after 1st round at St Jude Classic
- Etats-Unis: une jeune musulmane tuée, le suspect en détention
- Former soccer coach charged with 14 more counts of abuse
- Whole Foods CEO Says Amazon Connection Was 'Love at First Sight'
- President Macron's party wins clear parliamentary majority
- Role of Dhoni, Yuvraj come under scanner
- Dean Ambrose Wrestles After RAW, Samoa Joe vs
- Rubio: Trump's Cuba Policy Will Help 'Individual Cubans'