The last time Kansas City held a 14th overall draft pick in the Major League Baseball draft, the club selected first baseman Billy Butler in 2004.
The Kansas City Royals have agreed on a contract with their 2017 MLB Draft first-round selection, first baseman Nick Pratto, the team announced on Monday.
The 6-1, 195-pound Pratto hit.318 with seven home runs and 19 RBIs during his senior season at Huntington Beach (Calif.) High School. "The amusing thing is the pitch was above my eyes".
Pratto was chosen with the 14th overall pick out of Huntington Beach, California, and flew to Kansas City with his family to make his deal official.
Nickelback Is Dissing Slipknot And They Kind Of Have A Point
Then he made a decision to clown on Slipknot , saying, "They had to put on masks and jump around". Suffice it to say, Kroeger did not agree. "Yeah, 'cause they're trying to be Nickelback ".
"I've seen him a long time", Amaral said. He loves baseball. He has passion for the game.
Pratto was one of 12 high school players drafted in the first round of this year's draft.
That included leading a collection of California players to the Little League World Series in 2011, when Pratto hit the winning single in the title game against Japan. He toured Kauffman Stadium, where he hopes to play in the future, and will head to the Arizona rookie league Tuesday morning to begin his professional career.
- Liverpool say sorry to Southampton and abandon pursuit of Virgil van Dijk
- Législatives en France : les résultats en nombre de sièges
- Gingrich: Somebody probably going to jail over Russian Federation investigation
- Vehicle Hits Multiple Pedestrians in Finsbury Park, London
- Scalise was close to death when he arrived at the hospital: doctor
- Missing girl's body found in creek; homicide suspected
- Former Butler signee Kyle Young commits to Chris Holtmann, Ohio State
- Pakistan Wins Its Maiden ICC Champions Trophy Title
- India vs Pakistan: Dhoni holds Sarfraz Ahmed's son
- Champions Trophy: Australia v Bangladesh