The last time Kansas City held a 14th overall draft pick in the Major League Baseball draft, the club selected first baseman Billy Butler in 2004.
The Kansas City Royals have agreed on a contract with their 2017 MLB Draft first-round selection, first baseman Nick Pratto, the team announced on Monday.
The 6-1, 195-pound Pratto hit.318 with seven home runs and 19 RBIs during his senior season at Huntington Beach (Calif.) High School. "The amusing thing is the pitch was above my eyes".
Pratto was chosen with the 14th overall pick out of Huntington Beach, California, and flew to Kansas City with his family to make his deal official.
Législatives en France : les résultats en nombre de sièges
Le Front national obtient huit députés (8,75%), l'extrême-droite 1 et Débout la France 1. En Marche! a remporté 300 sièges de députés et le MoDem 41.
"I've seen him a long time", Amaral said. He loves baseball. He has passion for the game.
Pratto was one of 12 high school players drafted in the first round of this year's draft.
That included leading a collection of California players to the Little League World Series in 2011, when Pratto hit the winning single in the title game against Japan. He toured Kauffman Stadium, where he hopes to play in the future, and will head to the Arizona rookie league Tuesday morning to begin his professional career.
- London Fire: Likely Grenfell Tower Death Toll Rises to 79
- We will be in trouble if Nawazuddin starts dancing too: Tiger Shroff
- Latest ICC ODI rankings: Pakistan jump to number 6; India number 3
- Former Butler signee Kyle Young commits to Chris Holtmann, Ohio State
- India vs Pakistan: Dhoni holds Sarfraz Ahmed's son
- Tiger Woods receiving professional help to manage meds
- Transform New Eclipse Stamp with Finger Touch
- Meet Vice President Mike Pence's Newest Fur Babies
- WWDC 2017: Apple presents iOS 11 with an AR Kit for Developers
- Pakistan Wins Its Maiden ICC Champions Trophy Title