The four-time Ballon d'Or victor has been accused of defrauding the tax authorities of £12.9million.
"We do not see any reason not to continue with the players we have, including James", he said.
Club president Florentino Perez, recently re-elected, however, wants to have none of it as he made it clear that their side has not received any offers for Ronaldo. Real Madrid has been able to assemble a team that can play to his strengths.
Do you think Ronaldo really wants to leave Real?
'There is no tax evasion scheme, ' his management company said in a statement.
Cristiano Ronaldo plays in Real Madrid since 2009.
Spanish press reports that he's ignored pleas from manager Zinedine Zidane to reconsider his decision, stating he believes strongly it's time to move on.
Mourinho soupçonné de fraude fiscale — Man Utd
En voilà un qui ne connaîtra pas tout de suite le "dégagisme " qui a frappé la classe politique française ces dernières semaines. Tous droits de reproduction et de représentation réservés.
But the Portuguese would be costly - his Real contract has a 1bn euro (£874.88m) release clause.
There is a feeling at the club that the Portugal global, who signed a new five-year contract in November, could be trying to strengthen his position at Real Madrid.
The forward had helped United win three Premier League titles and the Champions League in his six years at the club, and had also won the Ballon d'Or.
Reports in England, Spain and France surfaced late last month claiming Monaco had rejected a world-record £103m offer from the Champions League winners. Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano, among others, have already been convicted.
Real Madrid C.F. star Cristiano Ronaldo has been summoned by the Spanish authorities as part of the investigation into his tax affairs. While their relationship did not end on the best terms, Mourinho would surely know how to maximize Ronaldo's talents once again.
And Ferdinand, who played with Ronaldo at United for six seasons, hopes his former club can finalise a deal for the four-time Ballon d'Or victor.
This was a politician's way of addressing a hot topic.
- Rubio: Trump's Cuba Policy Will Help 'Individual Cubans'
- Ronaldo convoqué par la justice le 31 juillet
- Investigation Is "Witch Hunt"
- Golf roundup: Four share lead after 1st round at St Jude Classic
- Weapons Found In Car That Crashed Into Paris Police Van
- Racist Canadian Caught on Video Demanding 'White Doctor' at Hospital
- Centrica PLC (CNA) Rating Reiterated by Deutsche Bank AG
- Etats-Unis: une jeune musulmane tuée, le suspect en détention
- Whole Foods CEO Says Amazon Connection Was 'Love at First Sight'
- FBR & Co Cuts NGL ENERGY PARTNERS LP (NGL) Price Target to $19.00