The four-time Ballon d'Or victor has been accused of defrauding the tax authorities of £12.9million.
"We do not see any reason not to continue with the players we have, including James", he said.
Club president Florentino Perez, recently re-elected, however, wants to have none of it as he made it clear that their side has not received any offers for Ronaldo. Real Madrid has been able to assemble a team that can play to his strengths.
Do you think Ronaldo really wants to leave Real?
'There is no tax evasion scheme, ' his management company said in a statement.
Cristiano Ronaldo plays in Real Madrid since 2009.
Spanish press reports that he's ignored pleas from manager Zinedine Zidane to reconsider his decision, stating he believes strongly it's time to move on.
Investigation Is "Witch Hunt"
Comey testified that initial explanations that he was sacked because of poor leadership were "lies, plain and simple". Investigators are also considering the conversations Comey and the president had leading up to that point.
But the Portuguese would be costly - his Real contract has a 1bn euro (£874.88m) release clause.
There is a feeling at the club that the Portugal global, who signed a new five-year contract in November, could be trying to strengthen his position at Real Madrid.
The forward had helped United win three Premier League titles and the Champions League in his six years at the club, and had also won the Ballon d'Or.
Reports in England, Spain and France surfaced late last month claiming Monaco had rejected a world-record £103m offer from the Champions League winners. Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano, among others, have already been convicted.
Real Madrid C.F. star Cristiano Ronaldo has been summoned by the Spanish authorities as part of the investigation into his tax affairs. While their relationship did not end on the best terms, Mourinho would surely know how to maximize Ronaldo's talents once again.
And Ferdinand, who played with Ronaldo at United for six seasons, hopes his former club can finalise a deal for the four-time Ballon d'Or victor.
This was a politician's way of addressing a hot topic.
- Meteorologists: Atlantic could see two tropical storms this week
- Mozilla launches its privacy-protecting Firefox Focus web browser on Android
- Former soccer coach charged with 14 more counts of abuse
- Racist Canadian Caught on Video Demanding 'White Doctor' at Hospital
- Jean-Marie Le Pen veut la démission de sa fille
- Whole Foods CEO Says Amazon Connection Was 'Love at First Sight'
- Role of Dhoni, Yuvraj come under scanner
- Braidwood sends video statement to Hague family
- Weapons Found In Car That Crashed Into Paris Police Van
- Mourinho soupçonné de fraude fiscale — Man Utd