Nelson Piquet Jr, David Heinemeier Hansson and Mathias Beche had taken Rebellion's #13 Oreca 07-Gibson to the team's first outright podium finish at La Sarthe last Sunday, taking advantage of only two LMP1 cars finishing the race and none without significant mechanical trouble.
The trio had driven their auto to third overall and second in the LMP2 division, finishing two laps behind Ho-Pin Tung, Thomas Laurent and Oliver Jarvis in the Jackie Chan DC Racing Oreca 07 Gibson.
The modification, which officials said was a "hole that [had] been fashioned by the competitor in the right-hand side of the engine cover", gave access to the car's starter motor without having to remove the entire rear bodywork.
One dead as van rams pedestrians near London mosque
Mohammed Mahmoud, an imam at the Muslim Welfare House , recalled the tense moments after the crowd took hold of the attacker. Speaking to the BBC , he said it was a "despicable attack" which was meant to divide society, but added: "That will fail".
The vehicle suffered issues with its starter motor earlier in the race, which had dropped them from the class lead at the time.
Rebellion has confirmed plans to appeal the ruling. Jackie Chan DC Racing's second vehicle, the #37 driven by Cheng-Gommendy-Brundle, now claims the third step on the podium just behind its sister auto, the #38, and the #2 Porsche 919 Hybrid.
Jackie Chan DC Racing now finishes 1-2 in LMP2 and 2-3 overall, the No. 37 Oreca of David Cheng, Tristan Gommendy and Alex Brundle the beneficiary, while Signatech Alpine's No. 35 Alpine A470 of Nelson Panciatici, Pierre Ragues and Andre Negrao gets an LMP2 podium after all despite Negrao's late off-course excursion at Arnage corner.
- Un troisième site tri-marques pour PSA Retail
- E3 2017: 'FIFA 18' On Switch Is Mediocre To The Core
- L'Américain détenu en Corée du Nord est mort
- Trump Attorney denies Rumors of Trump under Investigation
- Trump Reports Hundreds of Millions in Financial Liabilities
- Energy chief: Carbon dioxide not prime driver of warming
- Le Cameroun veut faire honneur à Marc-Vivien Foé
- Turnbull schools plan on a knife edge
- Baby elephant found dead on Malaysian highway
- Xbox Backwards Compatibility - Microsoft deal big blow to Xbox One owners