Qatar Petroleum has started a domestic bunkering operation for all vessels calling on Qatari ports as the country looks to become self-reliant.
The new bunkering operations have begun after garnering approval from all global maritime and safety standards.
This vessel-borne fueling facility is available for all vessels lifting any Qatari seaborne imports or exports.
Al Kaabi said that due to the unfortunate ongoing crisis, many clients were impacted by regional decisions limiting their ability to meet their commitments in a timely and cost-effective manner.
"We took it upon ourselves to assist our clients overcome this challenge by introducing measures to ensure continuous and reliable energy supplies".
Is Gold Standard Ventures Corp (GSV) a good buy?
Maximum and minimum EPS estimate for the current quarter is projected at $-0.01 and $-0.01, respectively, according to 1 analyst. Shares of Gold Standard Ventures Corp ( NYSEMKT GSV ) remained flat at $2.01 during mid-day trading on Wednesday.
The first of several shipments of fuel oil intended for use during the bunkering processes has already arrived at the state-owned firm's Ras Laffan anchorage.
Vessels that call Qatari ports have been barred from calling at ports in UAE, Saudi and Bahrain, although the UAE appears to have relaxed sanctions against global vessels calling at Qatari ports bunkering in Fujairah.
"This is a first, and important, step towards self-reliance for fuel-oil bunkering solutions for all vessels", said Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, president and CEO of Qatar Petroleum. Bunkering operations are managed in cooperation with Qatar Fuel's (WOQOD) unit WOQOD Marine.
QP will be catering for the majority of Qatar's liquefied natural gas (LNG) vessel fleet and provide the service to other clients including Muntajat, Hamad Port, and potential free-on-board (FOB) clients of Qatar who load products such as crude oil, liquefied petroleum gas, condensate and naphtha.
- Amal gave birth to twins — George Clooney
- Donald Trump tweets his frustration with Russia investigation
- Iran Capture and Kill ISIS Members Responsible for Terrorist Attack Last Week
- Philip Hammond: Conservatives 'not deaf' to message at ballot box
- Phil Jackson 'isn't ruling out' trading Kristaps Porzingis
- Three new housemates to join Big Brother - but only two will stay
- Radio host says his criticisms of Trump cost him his job
- Australian Football League pay deal links remuneration to industry revenues
- Gym Systems To Get Major Revamp, Battle Raids And New Items
- What we know about Reality Winner