The turmoil within the Knicks relationship with Porzingis goes back a long way now.
There's no way the New York Knicks would trade Kristaps Porzingis... right? Since Porzingis - frustrated with the level of dysfunction within the franchise - skipped his season-ending exit meeting, the Knicks haven't made an attempt to reach or visit him in Europe this summer, league sources told The Vertical.
Porzingis, 21, averaged 18.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.0 blocks in 2016-17, his second National Basketball Association season.
Porzingis has reportedly not spoken to Knicks executives or coaches since he left for his native Latvia after the season concluded, blowing off his exit interview with team president Phil Jackson.
Porzingis' brother, Janis Porzingis - who also works for Andy Miller, Porzingis' primary agent - reiterated on Tuesday that Porzingis loves NY and wants to win here.
Pakistan thrashed India by 180 runs in finals
Other team players too were given warm welcome when they landed at different cities today. Fakhar is a great impact player, he played like a champion batsman .
If they do receive they like for Porzingis, Jackson views Arizona big man Lauri Markkanen as a possible replacement.
It may take multiple high draft picks, in addition to established players like Jae Crowder and Marcus Smart, to pull off a deal for Porzingis. But the 33-year-old veteran has a full no-trade clause - something Jackson gave him when he resigned him in 2015 to a five-year, $124 million deal.
First, there was a drawn-out, public beef between Jackson and Anthony that included midseason trade attempts to both the Lakers and the Cavaliers.
However, the potential suitors for Porzingis have yet to be named in the aforementioned reports.
If Jackson's done only one thing right during his tenure in NY - a tenure where he's put together a measly 80-166 record as GM, broke the roster apart twice, and failed to make a playoff appearance - it was drafting Porzingis in 2015.
- Le Pen starts party 'overhaul' after election defeat
- The Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Position Decreased by Oakworth Capital Inc
- Box office triumph for Wonder Woman's female director Patty Jenkins
- Perez rubbishes talk of Manchester United deal for Morata
- Perez n'a pas parlé de Ronaldo avec le PSG
- Amal gave birth to twins — George Clooney
- Injured jockey Frankie Dettori out of Royal Ascot
- Radio host says his criticisms of Trump cost him his job
- Donald Trump condemns North Korea after Otto Warmbier dies
- Trump lawyer says president not under investigation, despite tweets