The turmoil within the Knicks relationship with Porzingis goes back a long way now.
There's no way the New York Knicks would trade Kristaps Porzingis... right? Since Porzingis - frustrated with the level of dysfunction within the franchise - skipped his season-ending exit meeting, the Knicks haven't made an attempt to reach or visit him in Europe this summer, league sources told The Vertical.
Porzingis, 21, averaged 18.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.0 blocks in 2016-17, his second National Basketball Association season.
Porzingis has reportedly not spoken to Knicks executives or coaches since he left for his native Latvia after the season concluded, blowing off his exit interview with team president Phil Jackson.
Porzingis' brother, Janis Porzingis - who also works for Andy Miller, Porzingis' primary agent - reiterated on Tuesday that Porzingis loves NY and wants to win here.
BlackRock takes Scalable Capital stake in Europe 'robo-advisor' push
As part of the deal, BlackRock's chief operating officer of EMEA Patrick Olson will join Scalable's supervisory board. Scalable Capital intends to use the funding to expand further into Europe and will remain an independent company.
If they do receive they like for Porzingis, Jackson views Arizona big man Lauri Markkanen as a possible replacement.
It may take multiple high draft picks, in addition to established players like Jae Crowder and Marcus Smart, to pull off a deal for Porzingis. But the 33-year-old veteran has a full no-trade clause - something Jackson gave him when he resigned him in 2015 to a five-year, $124 million deal.
First, there was a drawn-out, public beef between Jackson and Anthony that included midseason trade attempts to both the Lakers and the Cavaliers.
However, the potential suitors for Porzingis have yet to be named in the aforementioned reports.
If Jackson's done only one thing right during his tenure in NY - a tenure where he's put together a measly 80-166 record as GM, broke the roster apart twice, and failed to make a playoff appearance - it was drafting Porzingis in 2015.
- F-35A flights at Luke AFB to resume Wednesday
- What we know about Reality Winner
- Pregnant woman shot dead by officers after police say she brandished knife
- The Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Position Decreased by Oakworth Capital Inc
- Donald Trump condemns North Korea after Otto Warmbier dies
- Trump lawyer says president not under investigation, despite tweets
- PGA Tour makes drug testing policies more stringent, starting in October 2018
- Le Pen starts party 'overhaul' after election defeat
- US Student Detained in North Korea Suffered Serious Brain Function Loss
- Amal gave birth to twins — George Clooney