The PGA Tour is beefing up its anti-doping policy by adding blood testing next season. Blood testing allows for the detection of human growth hormone, something that can not be detected through urine. In addition to all of these technical changes, the tour will also announce suspensions for all substances next season, as opposed to the current system where only performance enhancing drug suspensions are announced. However the PGA Tour did state that urine testing will remain the predominant form of testing used.
The policy will have a soft open in October of next year, with much of the testing still coming through urine testing and only some of it coming through blood.
The tour also is bringing its list of banned substances in line with the World Anti-Doping Association.
Hamas rejects Islamic State's claim of killing of Israeli officer
Fatah, the political party of PA President Mahmoud Abbas, condemned Israel for killing the attackers , calling it a "war crime". According to the police, two Palestinian bystanders were wounded in the shootout, one moderately and one lightly.
While suspensions have been few and far between on the PGA Tour, Scott Stallings was banned for three months in 2015 for violating the policy against PEDs. In the past only suspensions for performance-enhancing drugs would be made public, with the details of other suspensions being kept confidential.
Starting next season, the PGA Tour will implement significant changes to its anti-doping procedure.
- Pakistan thrashed India by 180 runs in finals
- Ken gets makeover: Cornrows, beefy bod and new skin tones
- Perez rubbishes talk of Manchester United deal for Morata
- Philip Hammond: Conservatives 'not deaf' to message at ballot box
- Arte diffusera un documentaire sur l'antisémitisme initialement refusé
- Injured jockey Frankie Dettori out of Royal Ascot
- BlackRock takes Scalable Capital stake in Europe 'robo-advisor' push
- IT Department seizes allegedly benami property belonging to Lalu Prasad Yadav's family
- The Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Position Decreased by Oakworth Capital Inc
- Amal gave birth to twins — George Clooney