The PGA Tour is beefing up its anti-doping policy by adding blood testing next season. Blood testing allows for the detection of human growth hormone, something that can not be detected through urine. In addition to all of these technical changes, the tour will also announce suspensions for all substances next season, as opposed to the current system where only performance enhancing drug suspensions are announced. However the PGA Tour did state that urine testing will remain the predominant form of testing used.
The policy will have a soft open in October of next year, with much of the testing still coming through urine testing and only some of it coming through blood.
The tour also is bringing its list of banned substances in line with the World Anti-Doping Association.
Ligue 1: La Linguère de Saint-Louis risque la relégation
Le leader et champion de la Ligue 1, Génération foot, a poursuivi dans sa lancée victorieuse en battant (2-1) AS Douanes. L'USO a fait un bon voyage en allant battre (1-0) la Linguère, à Saint-Louis.
While suspensions have been few and far between on the PGA Tour, Scott Stallings was banned for three months in 2015 for violating the policy against PEDs. In the past only suspensions for performance-enhancing drugs would be made public, with the details of other suspensions being kept confidential.
Starting next season, the PGA Tour will implement significant changes to its anti-doping procedure.
- F-35A flights at Luke AFB to resume Wednesday
- Box office triumph for Wonder Woman's female director Patty Jenkins
- Iran Capture and Kill ISIS Members Responsible for Terrorist Attack Last Week
- Le Pen starts party 'overhaul' after election defeat
- Australian Football League pay deal links remuneration to industry revenues
- Philip Hammond: Conservatives 'not deaf' to message at ballot box
- IT Department seizes allegedly benami property belonging to Lalu Prasad Yadav's family
- Drone footage illustrates devastation of Portugal forest fires which killed 62
- Pregnant woman shot dead by officers after police say she brandished knife
- What we know about Reality Winner