Hours after the name was announced in New Delhi by BJP President Amit Shah, he spoke to Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray and informed about the decision. The Sena MP said Thackeray may "answer many questions later this evening" when he will address the party workers on the Shiv Sena's 51st foundation day.
Senior BJP leader and Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu Sunday held discussions with Lok Janshakti Party president Ramvilas Paswan and Samajwadi party's Ramgopal Yadav and Naresh Agarwal on Presidential election.
Harping on the party's pet names - RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and agro-scientist M. S. Swaminathan - Thackeray said Bhagwat was proposed as India is a Hindu nation, but the country has lost a good opportunity by ignoring him.
Sena, known for its unpredictability, backed the UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee in the 2012 presidential polls against the NDAs P A Sangma.
For 6 yrs i served alongside Ramnath Kovind ji in the Rajya Sabha, it was his 2nd term & my 1st.
Cuomo Calls for Discounted Tickets for Commuters Amid Penn Station Disruptions
The move is meant to address the countless delays and derailments that have plagued Penn Station recently. The new space will have skylights, retail, and 250-square-feet of space.
Summary: MUMBAI: The BJP unit in Maharashtra is prepared for mid-term polls Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has said.Fadnavis made the remarks in reference to reports speculating mid-term polls in the state against the backdrop of farmers' stir for loan waiver in view of the agrarian crisis.The Fadnavis government had agreed to the long-standing demand of farmers and announced a loan waiver for them last Sunday. "I am anxious about the farmers committing suicide", he added.
Later, state BJP chief Raosaheb Danve attempted so soothe ruffled feathers on both sides, saying Fadnavis did not mean mid-term elections will be held but merely the BJP as a party was ready for it.
"Don't think that you (BJP) can always win".
The meeting comes a day after the BJP chief, who is here on a three-day visit to strengthen the party organisation in the state, said his party would consult its allies before finalising the NDA's presidential candidate.
Naidu, after the meeting, told the media that the name of the Presidential candidate would be announced before June 23. "Be liberal in giving aid to farmers", he said.
- One arrest after vehicle hits people outside of London mosque
- London Fire: UK government rushes staff for rehabilitation of victims
- Twins draft California prep shortstop Royce Lewis at No
- Jeremy Corbyn condemns "awful" suspected terror attack outside a north-London mosque
- Wisconsin AG 'thrilled' high court to hear case
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Stormont talks: Urgent need to restore devolution says Coveney
- Medical calls top 1000 at Electric Daisy Carnival in Vegas
- HTC announces solar red U11 online preorder sale to start
- Whole Foods CEO calls deal with Amazon 'whirlwind courtship'