"Puss in Book" isn't the only show to include the interactive features; an eight-episode series of the "Buddy Thunderstruck" show called "Buddy Thunderstruck: The Maybe Pile", about a hilariously ridiculous competitive-truck-driving dog, will premiere on July 14, and a third series, "Stretch Armstrong: The Breakout" is in the works.
Netflix has finally unveiled its long-rumoured "adventure story"-style titles that let you, the viewer, choose what happens next in the story".
According to Netflix's Director of Product Innovation, Carla Engelbrecht Fisher, the children's programming space was a natural place to start with this kind of innovation. "Being an internet-based company enables us to innovate new formats, deliver at scale to millions of members all over the world on multiple device types and, most importantly, learn from it". Choose by touching the screen on a mobile device or pressing the corresponding arrow on a smart TV remote and voila - you just influenced the story.
She added: "We have tested with kids as young as four but they often had younger siblings there and they all understand touch screens and they love that they get to choose and pick". Now, that conversation can be two-way'. "It's really about finding the right stories - and storytellers - that can tell these complex narratives and bring them to life in a compelling way", says Engelbrecht Fisher. In this story, Puss becomes trapped in a book of fairy tales. You know, the ones where you would flip to different pages depending on which choice you made?
IT Department seizes allegedly benami property belonging to Lalu Prasad Yadav's family
The department has issued attachment notices to Lalu Prasad Yadav's family over unaccounted assets that were seized during raids. Lalu Prasad Yadav tweeted after the raids that he was "not scared at all" and would continue to fight against "fascist forces".
Netflix is about to find out Tuesday with the release of its new interactive storytelling feature.
What do you think about Netflix's new Interactive Storytelling functionality?
- Andy Murray to donate Queen's prize money to Grenfell Tower appeal
- PGA Tour makes drug testing policies more stringent, starting in October 2018
- Stock to Watch: Johnson Controls International plc (JCI)
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Intel Corporation
- New Zealand leader faces questions over alleged secret tapes
- Cristiano Ronaldo set for July court date in tax fraud case
- Lanco Infra tanks 20% on RBIs direction to start insolvency
- QP launches vessel-borne fuel bunkering at Qatar ports
- Russian Federation will target coalition jets in parts of Syria, defence ministry says
- Ireland's Leo Varadkar reassured by talks with Theresa May over DUP deal