SpiceJet could buy up to 50 additional Q400 planes from Bombardier (TSX:BBD.B) under a letter of intent signed at the Paris Air Show. This order will help us further increase connectivity to smaller towns and cities and help realise Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision of ensuring that every Indian can fly, " said Ajay Singh, Chairman and Managing Director, SpiceJet.He added, "Our passengers will be able to fly to more cities and help expand India's already booming aviation market."I congratulate SpiceJet on this new order for 50 Q400 planes".
Based on the list price of the Q400 aircraft, the firm order is valued at approximately U.S. $ 235 million.
The Q400 aircraft backgrounder is available in the BCA Media Hub. "We are delighted that Philippine Airlines is growing its fleet with more Q400 aircraft, and are confident that the airline will benefit from the aircraft's outstanding economics and performance". "The trend we see is toward larger turboprops as airlines develop regional routes with increased passenger demand". Over the next two decades, Africa is expected to take deliveries of 550 new aircraft, and with Bombardier's family of aircraft, the company is well positioned to serve this growing market. This award recognizes operators of Bombardier CRJ Series regional jets and Q Series turboprops who achieve the highest rates of dispatch reliability. In its 71 years of operations, Ethiopian has become one of the continent's leading carriers, unrivalled in efficiency and operational success.
Meteorologists: Atlantic could see two tropical storms this week
There is another tropical wave out in the Atlantic that also has a high chance of developing within the next three to five days. This slow festering if you will - with a system tilted to the right - is pretty classic for early season tropical systems.
To receive our press releases, please visit the RSS Feed section of Bombardier's Website.
- NHL Reveals Protection Lists Before Expansion Draft
- FBR & Co Cuts NGL ENERGY PARTNERS LP (NGL) Price Target to $19.00
- Wayne Rooney returns to training early with Man Utd future still unresolved
- Anderlecht a trouvé son nouveau gardien — Mercato
- Centrica PLC (CNA) Rating Reiterated by Deutsche Bank AG
- Buenos Aires Des artéfacts nazis découverts en Argentine
- Spanish state prosecutor accuses Jose Mourinho of tax fraud
- Weapons Found In Car That Crashed Into Paris Police Van
- Ronaldo won't quit Real: club boss
- Australia suspends airstrikes in Syria after U.S. downed jet