SpiceJet could buy up to 50 additional Q400 planes from Bombardier (TSX:BBD.B) under a letter of intent signed at the Paris Air Show. This order will help us further increase connectivity to smaller towns and cities and help realise Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision of ensuring that every Indian can fly, " said Ajay Singh, Chairman and Managing Director, SpiceJet.He added, "Our passengers will be able to fly to more cities and help expand India's already booming aviation market."I congratulate SpiceJet on this new order for 50 Q400 planes".
Based on the list price of the Q400 aircraft, the firm order is valued at approximately U.S. $ 235 million.
The Q400 aircraft backgrounder is available in the BCA Media Hub. "We are delighted that Philippine Airlines is growing its fleet with more Q400 aircraft, and are confident that the airline will benefit from the aircraft's outstanding economics and performance". "The trend we see is toward larger turboprops as airlines develop regional routes with increased passenger demand". Over the next two decades, Africa is expected to take deliveries of 550 new aircraft, and with Bombardier's family of aircraft, the company is well positioned to serve this growing market. This award recognizes operators of Bombardier CRJ Series regional jets and Q Series turboprops who achieve the highest rates of dispatch reliability. In its 71 years of operations, Ethiopian has become one of the continent's leading carriers, unrivalled in efficiency and operational success.
Australia suspends airstrikes in Syria after U.S. downed jet
Russia's decision came after the US confirmed it shot down a Syrian Su-22 fighter bomber Sunday. Defence is monitoring the situation closely.
To receive our press releases, please visit the RSS Feed section of Bombardier's Website.
- Father of UVA Student Otto Warmbier Holds News Conference
- Spanish state prosecutor accuses Jose Mourinho of tax fraud
- Justice CS Karnan arrested from Coimbatore
- Etats-Unis: une jeune musulmane tuée, le suspect en détention
- Ronaldo won't quit Real: club boss
- Whole Foods CEO Says Amazon Connection Was 'Love at First Sight'
- Weapons Found In Car That Crashed Into Paris Police Van
- Mozilla launches its privacy-protecting Firefox Focus web browser on Android
- Centrica PLC (CNA) Rating Reiterated by Deutsche Bank AG
- Jean-Marie Le Pen veut la démission de sa fille